942Re: [cc2-dev-l] FCW->SVG C++ Progress

    Mar 26, 2012

      I would suggest starting on #5 before doing #2 (info blocks) and #3 (layers). Once you run as an XP you have full access to the API functions. To get the layer name for the an entity you would call:

      char *layername = GetLayerName(pEntRec->CStuff.ELayer);

      There is no need to read the layer info block. There are similar functions for many of the other info blocks as well.

      BTW, my guess is that CC3 sheets maps better to layers in other programs and that it is probably a good idea to convert CC3 sheets into SVG layers. The CC3 layers can be used as class names.

      Peter