      To: cc2-dev-l@yahoogroups.com
      From: waldronate@...
      Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 14:22:16 -0800
      Subject: RE: [cc2-dev-l] Re: FCW format and existing FCW->SVG code

      The FCW definition header file in the SVG converter is woefully incomplete. There is an XP development kit that has all of the definitions in it. The ProFantasy web site should have more information on the development kit.

      Anyhow, the following definitions should help:

      // from _geometry.h
      typedef struct
      {
       short Font;
       GPOINT2 Origin;
       float Hght;
       float XScl;
       float BAng;
       float Spacing;
       short TFlags;
       short DFlags;
       short Just;
       char TData[];
      } GTEXT2;

      // from _estruc.h
      typedef struct
      {
       CSTUFF CStuff;  // entity properties
       GTEXT2 Text;
      }TXT2;

      The CSTUFF definition is listed as Common in the header.h in the SVG converter.

      > To: cc2-dev-l@yahoogroups.com
      > From: yahoo@...
      > Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 21:15:42 +0000
      > Subject: [cc2-dev-l] Re: FCW format and existing FCW->SVG code
      >
      > > I have another question: the existing code doesn't support [for
      > > some] block types. I've noticed type 5 (which appears to be the
      > > type for text labels) and type 0x81 (metadata?). Does anyone
      > > know the structure for these types?
      >
      > I've looked into "reverse engineering" the format for the text labels, and figured out this much:
      >
      > 0x00 - 0x1B : standard block header
      > 0x1C - 0x1D : ??
      > 0x1E - 0x25 : Coordinate
      > 0x26 - 0x3A : ??
      > 0x3B - varies : null-terminated String text
      >
      > I'm sure I can figure out the reference to font id and font size.
      >
      > Supporting text introduces a new weirdness, however. CC3's coordinate system is different from SVG's. CC3 uses a "natural" coordinate system, with the largest numbers in the upper right hand corner. SVG uses the (horrible, icky) coordinate system where the largest numbers are in the bottom right hand corner. You'd think it'd be easy to just transform (flip) the entire SVG group, except that makes the text appear upside-down. Le sigh.
      >
      > BC

      > <*> Your email settings:
      > Individual Email | Traditional
      >
      > <*> To change settings online go to: