874RE: [cc2-dev-l] Re: Iron python as a scripting language??

    May 8 5:07 PM
      Hi Remmy,

      Yep, this is definitely in Release mode (once burned on that, forever shy!)

      This was the exact zip file that I sent to both Simon and Ralph months ago.

      Oh, well ... we'll figure it out.

      The big question is ... did you take a look at the script files?  If you looked, did the the python code look simpler that a standard XP?

      BTW, sometime this week I'll be uploading the source code for this.

      L. Lee Saunders

      "It was only a partial solution, of course, as solutions usually are, and addressed only one specific problem, as solutions usually do. But, as was often also true, it opened the door—if only a crack—for the multitude of solutions to follow."
      1632 - Eric Flint

      my blog: http://oldschooldotnet.blogspot.com
      Taking Dot Net "Old School" - Playing with old ideas/concepts using the newest tools!

      To: cc2-dev-l@yahoogroups.com
      From: monsen@...
      Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 12:12:46 +0200
      Subject: Re: [cc2-dev-l] Re: Iron python as a scripting language??

      Say, did you compile your library in debug or release mode? I tried it on yet another computer (This one heavily used an definitely not a clean install) with no success, so so far I've only got it to work on my development setup, where I also have the appropriate debug files and libraries.

      On 7 May 2011 11:19, Remy Monsen <monsen@...> wrote:
      Yes. That is installed automatically by the latest CC3 Update. I re-installed it just to be sure, but still the same error.

      On 7 May 2011 03:27, L. Lee Saunders <saunderl@...> wrote:

      Last but not least - did you install the C++ 3.5 framework install?

      http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2

      To: cc2-dev-l@yahoogroups.com
      From: yahoo@...
      Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 01:52:12 +0200

      Ok. I tried the script on my development setup instead, which is set up to develop XP's, and there it ran just fine. Getting late here now, so I didn't have time to do anything besides testing that your 3 example scripts work (Which they did).

      I am still trying to find out why it wouldn't run on my clean setup though. As far as I can see, I have all the .net frameworks (but not much else, besides CC3)

      Also, for now, I am only testing it on a basic WinXP install. I am still waiting for my new HD controller before I can bring my main system properly back, bring my resources online and restore all my data (If anyone figured having 2 drives in a raid 5 go corrupt at the same time would be fun, I recommend you reconsider). Once everything is back up, I'll be able to test it under more environments.

      On 7 May 2011 01:42, Remy Monsen <yahoo@...> wrote:
      Installing the 3.5 framework didn't help. That was actually one of the first thing I did. First, I got the 7E message on each and every file, then i installed .net 4, which removed the errors on all the files, except for cc3xp.dll, which threw the 36B1 error message. I then tried installing .net 3.5, but that didn't change the (or remove) the error message.
      Looking at add/remove programs, I seem to have almost about every .net framework installed (2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2, 3.5 SP1, 4.0 Extended & Client Profile)

      Note that I am testing it on a rather clean WinXP computer, so if there are any other prerequisites other than what CC3 (with the latest update) requires, I probably don't have them.

      On 7 May 2011 00:43, L. Lee Saunders <saunderl@...> wrote:

      Hey Remmy,

      That is weird.  This was completely written using the 3.5 .net framework.  So, the error is probably now saying its the wrong framework version.

      From: yahoo@...
      Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 11:23:16 +0200

      When I try starting CC3 after copying the files i get an error message:

      Error 0000036B1 loading XP module:
          cc3xp.dll

      Initially, the error message read 00000007E, and popped up for every single of your .dll files, but after installing the .net framwork 4, those went away, and I now only get the single error message above. Obviously the python command doesn't work since it couldn't load the XP .dll

      On 6 May 2011 01:19, Larry <saunderl@...> wrote:

      This is sad. I cannot compose a simple email without leaving info out.

      These are the included example scripts:
      bluepoly - select a polygon and it turns it blue
      box - select a point and it draws a green box
      diamond - select a point and it draws a diamond in the current color

      Here is what you need to do to run the three included scripts:
      First, you type in PYTHON. It then asks what script you want to run. If you type in "BOX" it will go to the CC3/scripts directory and look for the file box.py. If it finds it, it will run the python code inside it.

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic