730Re: [cc2-dev-l] XP commands

  • Charles Sykora
    Dec 5, 2005
      Lee, I am sorry but I must have failed to communicate what I thought
      were the issues. You fixed the code problem but not the other issues.
      Maybe you decided that my other issues don't need to be addressed, and
      that's okay. But, just in case, here they are again if you missed
      them:
      1) On the second code extract (MyDialog.cs), you have entered some
      lines of code, but nowhere do you tell the viewer that he must enter
      those lines of code. The lines that are not in the program until you
      insert them are the following:
      public string InString = string.Empty;
      public int InInt;

      public string OutString = "Hello from C#";
      public int OutInt = 42;

      label1.Text = "The number from CC2: " + InInt.ToString();
      label2.Text = "The string from CC2: " + InString;

      2) When you are changing the form properties, I recommend you tell the
      viewer to right-click on the form and select properties to bring up the
      property edit palette.
      3) When you are telling the location of the C# dll, you say it should
      be in the debug directory. My debug directory is empty, and the dll is
      in the level right above the directory. Maybe I did something wrong,
      but mine works in the end.
      4) When you say to move it to the directory with the cpp file, a newbie
      might not know what a cpp file is, and since it's dang near impossible
      to get windows to list file extensions these days, you probably should
      be more explicit here.

      --Dale--
      P.S. Lee, I personally am deeply appreciative of your tutorials, and I
      think it's great now that the kit for CC3 has also been partially
      released. Let me know if I can be of any assistance to you beyond
      testing out your tutorials.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic