656Long path to writing an XP

  • bidmaron
    Apr 21, 2005
      Lee, thanks for the help. I now got past the problem of figuring out how to access the
      Core Windows Platform SDK.

      It turns out that I actually had it installed (in the Microsoft SDK directory I mentioned). I
      just couldn't figure out why there was yet another setup.exe program in the danged
      directory. Anyway, I found the following web page that helped me learn what I had to do:
      http://blogs.msdn.com/brianjo/archive/2004/08/08/211085.aspx

      OK, so now when I try to compile my project, of course it can't find xp.h. I can figure out
      that I need to add xp.h into the headers folder, but what about the executable/libary that
      goes with it?

      --Dale--
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic