435Re: Getting XP Toolkit Up and Running

  • sdavies2720
    Apr 16 10:51 AM
      Thanks for the help -- I'll look tonight.

      I was thinking no undo because this is a one-time function, but you
      are reminding me I need a warning before-hand. The function needs to
      be able to work on a section of the map -- think of taking an
      Icosohedral projection & changing it to a pseudo-Mercator -- you'd
      work on each of the points separately (and as I'm envisioning it,
      work on the left side of each separate from the right)

      I think that point-items like symbols should be moved over, based on
      the position of their reference point.

      Steve

      --- In cc2-dev-l@y..., "Bruce A. Carson" <bac@w...> wrote:
      > Look at the DLScan Function. This should point you in the right
      direction.

      > You could just modify the Entity in place with your pointer to the
      Entity
      > record, or use DLClone to provide for an "undo" feature. Since you
      are
      > changing all the objects in the drawing with a single command then
      perhaps
      > UNDO isn't necessary because the drawing will become twice as large!
      >
      > Just do the DLScan - getting a pointer to the Entity (you should
      probably
      > skip Symbol Definition Entities), perform your translation and when
      > complete, do a redraw.
      >
      > Bruce

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic