424Re: [cc2-dev-l] programmatically toggling new/old text metrics

    Mar 27, 2002
      Apparently the post I made with the correction failed to get through:
      The header is cached. To get the cache, use pheader = (HDR*)GetHeaderAdr();
      This is the one being used by the various commands and new entity settings.
      Mike

      Christopher Golden wrote:
      I'm following up my own post here; I had written:

      So to sum up, it looks like CC2 is tracking the "use new
      metrics" flag in two different places -- the header block
      as you've shown me, and somewhere else -- and that the
      second one is the one CC2 links with the state of the
      checkbox in the TSPEC dialog, as well as the state of any
      text entities created.

      To make sure that this wasn't a CC2-specific issue,
      I checked with Profantasy. They did not do any
      special coding to track the "use new metrics" flag.
      I assume that this means that the flag is actually
      being tracked in two different places in the core
      FastCAD engine. Any ideas as to where else I should
      look to find and manipulate the value of this flag,
      since the one in the header block does not appear to
      do anything?

      Thanks!
      Chris G.
      golden@...