14[cc2-dev-l] Re: The DevZone

    Mar 5, 2000
      Hail All,

      Actually the work is in building the tools needed to read the FCW file
      format. Once we can read the file format it is actually quite trivial to
      then reproduce the CC2 entities in a picture box. If this is of great
      interest, we can focus the next couple of weeks on the file format.

      VB, as you probably already know, can now create OCX's. So, once we get a
      CC2 file reader and displayer we can wrap it up in an OCX control for other
      developers to add to there programs. The main hurdle is that the CC2 file
      is binary in format and the tools in VB to deal with binary files are, at
      least on the surface, are slim to none.

      Since learning the file format is an evolutionary process, we will first
      learn to read the file format and find the placement and length of all the
      elements within the file.

      If this is where you want to head then I can probably get the next lesson on
      the DevZone by tonight. Is this the next update you want to see?

      L. Lee Saunders