Fwd: plowsharesaction in the Netherlands

  • Scott Mathern-Jacobson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2003
      > Subject: [plowshares] plowsharesaction in the Netherlands
      > A Dutch woman armed with a sledgehammer smashes three
      > satellite dishes at a NATO airbase in Vokel in the
      > southern Netherlands, in protest against the looming war
      > against Iraq on February 9, 2003.
      > The Dutch arm of activist group Peace Action Camp said
      > that the woman, Barbara Smedema, was acting for it in
      > protest against the alleged existence of nuclear weapons
      > housed by NATO at the airbase.
      > She was arrested and is being detained by Dutch military
      > police.
      > For a nice picture of Barbara and more information check:

      "The taproot of violence in our society today is our intent to use nuclear weapons. Once we have agreed to that, all other evil is minor in comparison. Until we squarely face the questions of our consent to use nuclear weapons, any hope of large scale improvement of public morality is doomed to failure."

      - Fr. Dick McSorley, S.J.

      Do you Yahoo!?