Fwd: Pre-Sugar Creek: Combating Sexism and Homophobia Workshop- Need Your RSVP!

  • Jenny Truax
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 12, 2013
      announcement...

      Before the Midwest Catholic Worker gathering, join us at Sugar Creek for a
      workshop!

      *Combating Sexism and Homophobia in our CW Communities*

      Friday Workshop facilitated by members of the St. Louis Catholic Worker

      Arrive Thursday evening, we�ll have dinner ready!

      Workshop: Friday 8:30am-4pm (?)

      While addressing so many important issues, we Catholic Workers sometimes
      fail to notice oppressive power dynamics happening within our own Catholic
      Worker communities. How can we more truly �build the new society within the
      shell of the old� by freeing our communities from the sexism and
      heterosexism ubiquitous in our culture?

      Through presentations, small and large group discussions, prayer, personal
      reflection, and active practice scenarios, we�ll delve into this question
      together. We will also share our personal experiences, discuss how we are
      doing as a movement, and learn to be better allies to fellow community
      members. We hope to create a LGBTQ- and women-positive environment where
      all are welcome.

      Want to come to the workshop? Great! WE NEED YOU TO RSVP!!

      We know you don�t want to commit, but we need to know if there�s enough
      interest for us to do it so we can figure out details. We�ll take a
      freewill offering, gift-economy style, to pay for the space and materials.

      Contact Jenny to RSVP (cwjedi@..., 314.974.9937)- THE DEADLINE IS
      SEPTEMBER 7th!!!

    • Frank Cordaro
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 12, 2013
        Pre-Sugar Creek: Combating Sexism and Homophobia Workshop- Need Your RSVP!
        https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/national-cw-e-mail-list/xGqG_JWW8cY

        Posted the above...Aug 9..

        Frank Cordaro
        Phil Berrigan CW House