Fwd: "Green revolutions building a new paradigm for agriculture and community" CW Round Table set in DM IA Oct 16, during Occupy World Food Prize

  • Bob Waldrop
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2012
      "The World Food Prize is for us in Iowa, what Wall Street is for the
      Occupy movement in NYC. The very same corporate/financial elites that
      run Wall Street are the same corporate/financial elites that own the
      World Food Prize and control the world food supply...GMO's are to
      Agribusiness what nuclear weapons are to modern warfare, the
      inevitable technological outcome of our industrial, high tech, capital
      intense, oil based, corporate world food system ...Were else can you
      combine the 'back to the land' Peter Maurin side of the CW movement to
      the 'militant pacifist' Ammon Hennacy side of our beloved movement?"
      Frank Cordaro quotes about OWFP

      Folks;

      The CW lead Round Table is set:

      Tuesday Oct 16 Morning -
      Round Table at the DMCW: "Green revolutions building a new paradigm
      for agriculture and community" lead by
      Robert Waldrop - OK City CW <bob@...>
      Nicholas Leete - Mustard Seed CW Farm, Ames IA <nleete@...>
      Eric Anglada - New Hope CW Farm, Dubuque IA <catholicworkerschool@...>.

      It's just one of many planned Oct 16-20 Occupy the World Food Prize
      (OWFP) events. (Link to Occupy the Word Food Prize full schedule:
      http://occupytheworldfoodprize.com/events )

      We are just four weeks away from the opening day of the campaign. And
      I want to remind anyone wishing to come to DM for the OWFP and are
      needing hospitality, the DMCW community is offering hospitality,
      sleeping space and food to all travailing from out of town. Call a
      head of time or just show up. Now is the time to lock in the dates and
      come to DM. Some might think I am a bit over the top about this
      campaign (see above quotes). I don't think so.... as stated on the
      home page of our OWFP web page:

      "Occupy the World Food Prize Campaign’s over all goal: to use this
      yearly Pro GMO Corporate Agribusiness event to redirect the public
      discourse around our world food and farming systems. Much like the
      whole Occupy Wall Street movement has helped to re-cast the public
      discourse with the concerns of the “99% vs the 1%”, Occupy the World
      Food Prize Campaign hopes to get the general public to start seeing
      the challenges of feeding the world as needing to dismantle the
      corporate dominated World Food System that we currently have for more
      local base, sustainable forms of agriculture, both here in the USA and
      abroad." http://occupytheworldfoodprize.com

      We CWers have something to offer this campaign and a chance to
      introduce our co-founder Peter Maurin's 'back to the land' ideas to a
      larger and more receptive of people working on food related issues.

      YOU ALL SHOW UP NOW...

      Frank Cordaro
      Phil Berrigan CW House
      http://just.dmcatholicworker.org/
      DMCW http://dmcatholicworker.org
      Occupy the World Food Prize campaign
      http://occupytheworldfoodprize.com

      Summery schedule for the OWFP events:
      Two Nonviolence Training sessions - *Sat Oct 13 and *Wen Oct 17. Two
      evening public programs - *Tuesday Oct 16 Panel "What is corporate
      agriculture and why is wrong for the planet and the human race?" and
      *Friday Oct 19 "The Food Sovereignty Prize - What is it? Why we need
      to promote it.". Two major direct action / jail risking events. *Wed.
      Oct 17 before the Rockefeller Foundation endowed award at the WFP
      building. and *Thur. Oct 18 before the WFP Award at the State
      Capital. Mornings: Round Table Discussions & Nonviolence Training at
      CW Afternoons: Vigil / Soap Box - WFP building Ending with Sat. Oct 19
      Occupation at Pioneer Headquarters in Johnston IA during the WFP
      Global Youth Institute Link to full schedule:
      http://occupytheworldfoodprize.com/events