Berkeley, CA | Live, Work, Practice for Social Justice

  • Center
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2010
      If you are having trouble reading this visit:
      http://transformativechange.org/staticpages/index.php?page=cxchiring
      <http://transformativechange.org/staticpages/index.php?page=cxchiring>

      Center for Transformative Change is Hiring
      Berkeley, CA
      - Communications Events Steward (Director)
      - Bookkeeper/Office Administrator

      Communications Events Steward (Director)

      CXC is looking for a highly motivated, energetic
      Communications and Events Steward with a passion for
      creating strong organizational presence, relationships and
      events as a means to effect social change.

      The ideal candidate will have excellent professional
      writing experience (experience with grant writing
      preferred), proven experience with events planning and
      coordination, thrive in a deadline-driven work
      environment, have solid Mac computer experience, with
      technical knowledge related to effective event promotion,
      and demonstrate that they will be able to 'hit the ground
      running' as of early January 2010. This is a half-time
      (20 hours/week), non-exempt, residentially-based position.

      Reporting to the Executive Director but working in a
      collaborative manner, the Communications and Events
      Steward is a member of a 4-person, mostly residential,
      Core team located in Berkeley, CA.

      More information:
      http://images.urbanpeace.net/CommunicationsEventsSteward.pdf
      <http://images.urbanpeace.net/CommunicationsEventsSteward.pdf>

      Bookkeeper/Office Administrator

      CXC is looking for an experienced and dependable part-time
      bookkeeper and office administrator to join our unique
      organization during a period of dynamic transition and
      strategic growth.

      The ideal candidate will have proven experience with
      bookkeeping, maintaining financial records, and preparing
      regular financial status reports, especially for
      non-profit organizations, as well as effective office
      management skills.

      In addition, the ideal candidate is comfortable with
      working with numbers, is meticulous, detail-oriented,
      thrives in a deadline-driven work environment, has solid
      Mac computer experience, working knowledge of everyday
      office machinery (printers, fax, multiple line phone
      system, laminator, label maker, etc.) and can demonstrate
      that they will be able to 'hit the ground running' as of
      early January 2010.

      This is a 0.25 FTE position (10 hours/week), non-exempt,
      with the bookkeeper/office admin work managed 2
      weekdays/week.

      The hourly wage is $15-$22, DOE.

      The bookkeeper/office administrator reports to the
      Executive Director, though works in a collaborative manner
      using an online project manager as a central means of
      communications and collaboration. The Bookkeeper Office
      Administrator is a member of a 5-person, mostly
      residential, Core team located in our primary office at
      the Center for Transformative Change which is also a
      residence and practice space, in Berkeley, CA.

      More information:
      http://images.urbanpeace.net/BookkeeperOfficeAdminSteward.pdf
      <http://images.urbanpeace.net/BookkeeperOfficeAdminSteward.pdf>

      About CXC

      Center for Transformative Change (CXC) is a nonprofit that
      is dedicated to naming, framing, advancing and promoting
      Transformative Social Change: work at the intersection of
      personal inner awareness, organizational effectiveness and
      broad-based social change. We are the first and only
      national center entirely dedicated to bridging the inner
      and outer lives of social change agents, activists and
      allies to create a more effective, more sustainable social
      justice movement. By directly impacting the culture of
      movements for social justice, we are "changing the WAY
      change is done."

      As a "transformative practice organization" we are a
      unique hybrid of residentially-based "Core" members who
      Live, Work and Practice together. As the organizational
      Core, we are committed to role-modeling and articulating
      the process of deep change. We operate under an abiding
      principle that it is possible for a small team of creative,
      grounded individuals, working collaboratively, at the center
      of and within the larger field of Transformative Social Change,
      to effectively change the world.

      If you're interested in applying, please read the "more information"
      links and follow the instructions there. No phone calls or walk-ins
      please.

      peace and blessings,
      Center for Transformative Change
      transformative programs practices for agents of social change
      2584 Martin Luther King Jr Way
      Berkeley, CA 94704
      t: 888 X SOCHANGE | 888.976.2426

      http://transformativechange.org <http://transformativechange.org>