SEARCH 2001: What will YOU be doing in this new year?

  • Stacy M. Choczynski
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2001
      SEARCH FOR CHRISTIAN MATURITY!

      Many young people are seeking ways to better understand their Catholic
      faith. If you ask yourself, "Who am I?," "Who is Jesus?," "Where is
      God in
      my life?," or "Do other teenagers think about their Christianity?,"
      you are
      not alone!

      Search is a weekend retreat that gives young adults an opportunity to
      explore these questions and much more. Witness talks by teens, group
      activities, discussions and unique prayer experiences are part of the
      program.

      Erik, a fellow Searcher, had this to say about his
      experience, "Search has
      given me the unique opportunity to grow in faith through sharing and
      reflection. Listening to the stories of others and sharing my own has
      helped
      me to grow closer to God, my friends, and my family."

      All weekends are held at the St. Columban Center in Derby, N.Y.,
      which is
      just south of Buffalo. Though there is a $75 fee for the weekend,
      Parishes
      and Schools often assist participants financially. Group rates are
      also
      available--so, bring a friend or two and defray the cost!
      Furthermore, no
      one is turned away, if further financial assistance is needed, one can
      contact the Youth Department.

      If you are a high school sophomore, junior, senior or a college
      student that
      is interested in Search, please feel free to email Kathy Riley
      (riles37m@...) or call the Youth Department of the Diocese of
      Buffalo
      at 847-8789.

      Peace, Blessings and a Happy New Year!