sad news

  • sukretz@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2000
      It is very sad that I need to write to all of you today. I wish there
      was a better, more personal way to reach all of you who were touched in some
      way by a beautiful lady and special friend, Wendy Marks. Many of you know
      her from St. Luke's Mission of Mercy where she has been a missionary for the
      past 5 years. Many will know her as one of the Voices of Mercy, who brought
      us so much joy and reverence through their music ministry at retreats,
      convention and in individual parishes. All will remember her as a beautiful,
      caring, loving, wonderful friend.
      Wendy was called to the Lord on Tuesday while enroute to Rome to see the
      Holy Father. A number of the faithful were making the pilgrimage and were on
      a plane headed for NYC. They were gathered round praying for a safe and
      fruitful journey when Wendy sat back in her seat mentioned to those gathered
      that she could see Angels and then left us.
      This lady was special, always had a rosary going, and a wonderful
      thought for all of God's children. Driven by the Holy Spirit, it is truly
      appropriate the Lord needed her closer to home to celebrate Pentecost. We
      grieve her passing, but take heart in the fact there must be a heck of a job
      that needs doing somewhere if the Lord saw
      fit to reassign Wendy as He did. She will be sorely missed. Please remember
      this beautiful woman and her family left behind in your prayers.
      I know this news will hit some of you very hard (it certainly has me),
      and I apologize for telling you using email, but she touched so many lives
      that it is hard to know who to call and I didn't want anyone to be left out.
      Please help me to get the word out. If you need to talk, your youth
      advisors, Priests, the people at St. Luke's, and I are here for you here, and
      Jesus and Wendy are but a prayer away. Please let us help.
      I don't know any of the arrangements yet, but may know shortly and will
      pass it on here ASAP. For any teens attending the funeral it would be really
      nice if each of you could bring a symbol of friendship -- a single yellow
      rose. Wendy was given one just before she boarded the plane. We are also
      planning to sing "Friends" by Michael W. Smith (words attached). Anyone
      wanting to join us, may. Practice TBA.
      I know you teens were near and dear to Wendy's heart and I am sure that
      nothing has changed. My prayers are with you all as you face this.

      Sue (Mommy) Kretz
      837-8643 home
      692-0027 work