Re: Catholic Questions Digest Number 2795

  • charlesxiiv
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1 2:09 PM
      While not normaly saying something on a matter i find so trivial i do feel compeled to do so. Marry is the mother of god and at that time was made holy for the sake of the divine birth, however she is just a person who was chosen for a task and who, lead by the spirit fullfilled the scriptures. and why catholics pray to marry is beond me did she rise from the dead on the 3 rd day in fullfilment of the scriptures....i think not. Marry like all the saints must wait for the day of judgement before she can be in HIS presence. it is the angles who are the messengers of God and i do not pray to or for them for theay have made thier choice. I do pray to Jesus and God but not the holy spirit, and while all three are the GOD the holy spirit is the ultimate messenger but do you give praise to the messenger or to the master of the message? Do you praise the scalpel or the doctor who uses the instrument? The piont that i beleive was trying to be made was use the saints as examples of how to live your lives nothing more. And while i am very far from perfect or even mediocer this is what i have learned by my studies in pre-seminary and independently.
    • Brian Atwood
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1 5:03 PM
        I'd be interested in seeing your evidence that souls are sleeping until Judgment Day. What about Moses and Elijah?

        (Mark 12:26As for the dead being raised, have you not read in the Book of Moses, in the passage about the bush, how God told him, 'I am the God of Abraham, (the) God of Isaac, and (the) God of Jacob'? He is not God of the dead but of the living. You are greatly misled."