Question on Prayer

  • atenean2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2010
      Good day. This is Roger from the Philippines.

      I have a question regarding prayer. If two people pray, say for example, a murderer and another a man who has not comitted any crime, and the two of them both ask that their mothers be cured from cancer or any disease, will God favor the one who has not comitted any crime? Will the murderer be heard less? Kindly provide proof from the Bible. Thanks.

      I have another question. In our Catholic Faith, do we have to always to look for proof in the Bible before we believe in something?

      In God's name,
      Roger
    • Brian Atwood
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2010
        The first question isn't something a human can answer. Only God knows the heart of the person praying and the mother will only be cured if it's God's plan.

        Romans 11:33 Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How inscrutable are his judgments and how unsearchable his ways! "For who has known the mind of the Lord or who has been his counselor?"

        As for you second question, the answer is no. For Catholics, the Bible is a co-authority. It's not the sole authority.