Re: Catholic

  • Frederick
    Message 1 of 55 , Feb 24 2:08 PM
      I just joined this group today , and read many of the posts .
      To this post here my comment is :

      " Right on Brother ! Well , and truly stated ! "

      --- In catholicquestions@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <steve@...> wrote:

      > There seems to be some confusion by some on this list. So....
      >
      > The Catholic Church is NOT a country club.
      >
      > The Catholic Church is NOT a democracy.
      >
      > The Catholic Church is NOT a "cultural thing".
      >
      > The Catholic Church IS the Body of Christ.
      >
      > The Catholic Church IS the authority Jesus gave us, guided by the
      > Holy Spirit.
      >
      > The Catholic Church IS 100% right in Faith and Morals.
      >
      > To be against the Catholic Church, is to be anti-Christ; literally.
      >

      > God Bless,
      > Steve Fredette
      > http://www.catholicwebauthors.com
      >
      > "Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy."
      > -Leo Buscaglia

    • Frederick
      Message 55 of 55 , Feb 26 10:51 AM
        --- In catholicquestions@yahoogroups.com, "Jon" <pax_65@...> wrote:

        > I like the statement too but I'd just point out that a protestant is not necessarily "against" the Catholic Church, so we have to be aware of how we judge others. Some protestants are honestly seeking Christ, they just haven't made it all the way home yet!
        God bless!

        Fred :
        As one who , many years ago , was a member of a Protestant Church , I agree with this post . It is , I believe , not so much a case of being " against " the Catholic Church , but rather a failure to understand many things about it . For example , I did not understand the Rosary , I thought , How can these people call Mary , the Mother of God ? God does not have a mother !
        Then I learned " how " they , in truth , can :-)