Re: Catholic Questions Introduction

  • Brian Atwood
    Message 1 of 87 , Sep 1, 2009
      Amelia,

      You will get a lot out of the RCIA class when you take it. In the meantime, we're here to answer any questions you offer. Is there anything in Catholic doctrine you don't feel you understand or find difficult to accept?

      Brian

      On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 3:49 PM, ilovelucy2286 <ilovelucy2286@...> wrote:

      Hello!

      My name is Amelia and I live in the heart of Illinois. I come from a 50-100% Irish home and my mother and 1 brother and I are Catholic. I have been non-practicing for about 3 years and started attending other churches with my fiance but I feel very out of place and plan to return to Mass. I wasn't raised attending services but Im planning to go back and finish my sacraments and join the church. I just plan to attend the saturday night mass without him and every couple weeks I will go to his church on sundays. I just bought my first Rosary today and bought some prayer cards as well. I am looking for guidance. I plan to take classes with the church to take Communion, Confermation, etc. but I dont really feel like I know much of anything about being Catholic, when I am! If anyone would like to help me in learning more about the religion and its practices, please feel free to post to me. I checked out a couple of books but don't know yet if they will help cement things or make them clear! Thanks so much everyone!

      Amelia

    • Patrick Miron
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 19, 2013
        I'n in for any debate that is charitable and provides evidence of their position.

        So let's debate!

        God Bless,
        Patrick