Faithful Citizenship Resources..................................................

  • mjcoppi@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2008
      Faithful Citizenship Resources..................................................
                                   Applicable to ALL Christians

      The spiritual warfare between good and evil is becoming more physically manifest!
      No slicing, dicing, chopping or mincing of words here:  NO CATHOLIC MAY OF GOOD CONSCIENCE VOTE FOR OBAMA.

      CHRISTIANS CAN'T BE PRO-CHOICE           THE CASE AGAINST BARACK

      It is of paramount importance that  NOT Obama sin Biden, but McCain/Palin be elected.  The following resource list is a simple way to emphasize that this is not just my position, but that of the Church:  Also,  please see the 2 short letters that follow the brief list of links below.

      COMMENTARY: You can't be Catholic, pro-choice
      http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/letters/chi-080912prolife_briefs,0,2893139.story

      PATRICK J. BUCHANAN: A Catholic Case Against Barack
      http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=27992

      Fr. Stephen F. Torraco, PhD: A Brief Catechism for Catholic Voters
      http://www.ewtn.com/vote/brief_catechism.htm

      A Guide to Catholic Teaching and Voting
      www.ewtn.com/vote.

      CATHOLICVOTE.COM: Resources: http://www.catholicvote.com/resources.aspx

      They must admit what abortion is murder:  http://www.priestsforlife.org/askwashington/index.aspx

      Catholic Voters Guide
      http://www.caaction.com/pdf/Voters-Guide-Catholic-English-1p.pdf

      For other Faithful Citizenship resources and materials visit
      www.faithfulcitizenship.org

      www.catholicvote.com

      VIDEO: Catholic Vote 2008
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61wj4tJICcc

      ARCHIVES
      : Vatican cardinal weighs in on pro-abortion politicians and Communion
      http://catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=12317

      USCCB
      : Bishops Ask Catholics To Pray Election Novena
      http://www.usccb.org/comm/archives/2008/08-117.shtml
      The novena will be available for download until the election and it can be downloaded online at
      http://www.faithfulcitizenship.org/resources/podcasts.

      FATHER CORAPI: Education, Faith &America
      http://www.fathercorapi.com/

      "In the United States of America we have over sixty million Catholics.  If these Catholic citizens knew their faith and then voted and lived their faith, this country would be incalculably better off. In turn, so would the entire world.

      "...it is outright frightening how many Catholics think they can vote for a pro-abortion candidate.  ...this is not possible.  Abortion is the overridingly most important moral issue of our times, all others being important, but rendered irrelevant if the preeminent right—the right to life—is destroyed..."

      "Catholics would 'commit moral evil' by voting for a candidate who supports abortion and other intrinsically evil things.  Voting is a moral act, and voting for pro-choice candidates is evil in itself...  No amount of rationalization can escape this logical and moral conclusion..."

      "Pope John Paul II stated many times, "abortion is murder."  ...if a single abortion is murder, then 48,000,000 (the approximate number of abortions in this country since Roe v. Wade) of them is genocide.  What would be the "proportionate reason" supporting such an outrage?  There is none..."

      Subj:
      CATHOLICVOTE.COM
      Date: 10/2/2008
      From: brianburch@...

      Scranton Bishop Joseph Martino has ordered all parishes in Scranton, Pennsylvania to read his pastoral letter on abortion in substitute for the homily at all Masses this Sunday.

      Martino’s letter will ask Catholics to consider the profound importance of protecting innocent human life. His letter directly addresses the most common arguments used to justify support for pro-abortion political candidates.

      Martino wrote, “It is a tragic irony that “pro-choice” candidates have come to support homicide – the gravest injustice a society can tolerate – in the name of ‘social justice.’”

      His letter continues: “Being “right” on taxes, education, health care, immigration, and the economy fails to make up for the error of disregarding the value of a human life.”

      Bishop Martino is right. Too often today we’re given sham reasons for not protecting innocent human life. There are many important issues, from health care to the economy, but what’s more important than your life? This is the message of our film at CatholicVote.com – some issues are foundational – beginning with the right to life!

      Another argument used against the pro-life cause is the War in Iraq. Bishop Martino tackled question that head on.

      “Even the Church’s just war theory has moral force because it is grounded in the principle that innocent human life must be protected and defended. Now, a person may, in good faith, misapply just war criteria leading him to mistakenly believe that an unjust war is just, but he or she still knows that innocent human life may not be harmed on purpose. A person who supports permissive abortion laws, however, rejects the truth that innocent human life may never be destroyed,” the Bishop of Scranton wrote.

      We applaud Bishop Martino for his courageous and timely reminder that legal abortion represents a ‘profound moral failure.’ The time has come to place abortion along side slavery and child labor as sad chapters of our past. At 67 million strong, Catholics have the power to end abortion and build a more peaceful and just society.

      The American people deserve to know exactly where the candidates stand [McCAIN S MERCIFULLY AGAINST ABORTION, Obama approves of abortion and has condoned procedures that border on infanticide]. As Bishop Martino says at the opening of his letter, “this October, our efforts have more significance than ever.”

      Please spread the word about CatholicVote.com.

      Please consider making a small donation today by clicking here.

      Humbly,  - The CatholicVote.com Team

    • salsaman60
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 16, 2008

        My friend Mike. It's becoming more alarming, that the Roman Catholic church is losing RC Souls, throughout the world.  The lost of RC Christains here in the USA is quite evident by the response to a survey conducted by the Nights of Columbus. Even among my family and personal friends, I see this demoralizing event happening. We must all pray for their salavation.

        Attached is the web site link of the survey. Open it and give us your response to this survey.

        Shortcut to: http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=766

        Fidel