[Five] Methods for Saying the Rosary

  • ihsrosario
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2007
      [Five] Methods for Saying the Rosary to draw into our souls the Graces of the Mysteries of the Life, Passion and Glory of Jesus and Mary (By St. Louis-Marie de Montfort) The English translation of  The Secret of the Rosary has the 1st and 2nd method only, not the 3rd, 4th, and 5th. All five methods are found in God Alone: The Collected Writings of St
      Louis Marie de Montfort
       . Here is the
       Original French version: http://www.santorosario.net /francais/methodes.htm  or

      FIFTIETH ROSE [last rose (chapter) of the book, "The Secret of the Rosary"]: VARIOUS METHODS

      SO AS TO MAKE the recitation of the Holy Rosary easier for you, here are several methods which will help you to say it in a good and holy way, together with meditation on the Joyful, Sorrowful and Glorious Mysteries of Jesus and Mary. Choose whichever method pleases you and helps you the most: you can make one up yourself, if you like, as several holy people have done before now.

      First Method

      1. Say the "Come Holy Spirit"
      Veni Sancte Spiritus,
      reple tuoruni corda fide-
      lium, et tui amoris in eis
      ignem accende.
      V. Emitte spiritum
      tuum, et creabuntur.
      R. Et renovabis faciem
      terrae.
       Come, Holy Ghost, fill the hearts of thy faithful people, and kindle in them the fire of thy love. V. Send forth thy spirit, and they shall be created. R. And thou shall renew the face of the earth.

      and then make this offering of the Rosary:

      I unite with all the saints in heaven and with all the just on earth; I unite with you, my Jesus, to praise your holy Mother worthily and to praise you in her and by her. I renounce all the distractions that may come to me while I am saying this Rosary. O Blessed Virgin Mary, we offer you this creed to honour the faith you had upon earth and to ask you to permit us to share in that same faith. O Lord, we offer you this Our Father to adore you in your oneness and to acknowledge you as the first cause and the last end of all things. Most Holy Trinity, we offer you these three Hail Marys to thank you for all the graces which you have given to Mary and which you have given to us through her intercession.

      Our Father, three Hail Marys, Glory be to the Father....

      Offering of the Decades

      Joyful Mysteries

      2. First decade

      We offer you, Lord Jesus, this first decade in honour of your Incarnation. Through this mystery and the intercession of your holy Mother we ask for humility of heart.

      Our Father, ten Hail Marys, Glory be to the Father.

      May the grace of the mystery of the Incarnation come into me and make me truly humble.

      Second decade

      We offer you, Lord Jesus, this second decade in honour of the Visitation of your holy Mother to her cousin Saint Elizabeth. Through this mystery and the intercession of Mary we ask for a perfect love of our neighbour.

      Our Father, ten Hail Marys, Glory be to the Father.

      May the grace of the mystery of the Visitation come into me and make me truly charitable.

      Third decade

      We offer you, Child Jesus, this third decade in honour of your holy Birth. Through this mystery and the intercession of your blessed Mother we ask for detachment from the things of this world, love of poverty and love of the poor.

      Our Father, ten Hail Marys, Glory be to the Father.

      May the grace of the Birth of Jesus come into me and make me truly poor in spirit.

      Fourth decade

      We offer you, O Lord Jesus, this fourth decade in honour of your presentation in the temple by the hands of Mary. Through this mystery and the intercession of your blessed Mother we ask for the gift of wisdom and purity of heart and body.

      Our Father, ten Hail Marys, Glory be to the Father.

      May the grace of the mystery of the presentation come into me and make me truly wise and pure.

      Fifth decade

      We offer you, Lord Jesus, this fifth decade to honour Mary's finding you in the temple among the learned men after she had lost you. Through this mystery and the intercession of your blessed Mother we ask you to convert us and all sinners, heretics, schismatics and pagans.

      Our Father, ten Hail Marys, Glory be to the Father.

      May the grace of the mystery of the Finding of Jesus in the temple come into me that I may be truly converted.

      Sorrowful Mysteries

      3. Sixth decade

      We offer you, Lord Jesus, this sixth decade in honour of your intense agony in the garden of Olives. Through this mystery and the intercession of your holy Mother we ask for perfect sorrow for our sins and perfect conformity to your holy will.

      Our Father, ten Hail Marys, Glory be to the Father.

      May the grace of the Agony of Jesus come into me and make me truly contrite and perfectly obedient to the will of God.

      Seventh decade

      We offer you, Lord Jesus, this seventh decade in honour of your cruel Scourging. Through this mystery and the intercession of your holy Mother we ask for the grace to mortify our senses.

      Our Father, ten Hail Marys, Glory be to the Father.

      May the grace of the Scourging of Jesus come into me and make me truly mortified.

      Eighth decade

      We offer you, Lord Jesus, this eighth decade in honour of being crowned with Thorns. Through this mystery and the intercession of your holy Mother we ask for a deep contempt of the world.

      Our Father, ten Hail Marys, Glory be to the Father.

      May the grace of the mystery of Our Lord's Crowning with Thorns come into me and make me truly opposed to the world.

      Ninth decade

      We offer you, Lord Jesus, this ninth decade in honour of your carrying the Cross. Through this mystery and the intercession of your holy Mother we ask for great patience in carrying our cross after you all the days of our life.

      Our Father, ten Hail Marys, Glory be to the Father.

      May the grace of the mystery of the carrying of the Cross come into me and make me truly patient.

      Tenth decade

      We offer you, Lord Jesus, this tenth decade in honour of your Crucifixion on Mount Calvary. Through this mystery and the intercession of your holy Mother we ask for a great horror of sin, a love for the Cross and the grace of a holy death for us and for those who are now in their last agony.

      Our Father, ten Hail Marys, Glory be to the Father.

      May the grace of the Death and Passion of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ come into me and make me truly holy.

      Glorious Mysteries

      4. Eleventh decade

      We offer you, Lord Jesus, this eleventh decade in honour of your triumphant Resurrection. Through this mystery and through the intercession of your holy Mother we ask for a lively faith.

      Our Father, ten Hail Marys, Glory be to the Father.

      May the grace of the Resurrection come into me and make me truly faithful.

      Twelfth decade

      We offer you, Lord Jesus, this twelfth decade in honour of your glorious Ascension. Through this mystery and the intercession of your holy Mother we ask for a firm hope and a great longing for heaven.

      Our Father, ten Hail Marys, Glory be to the Father.

      May the grace of the mystery of the Ascension of Our Lord come into me and prepare me for heaven.

      Thirteenth decade

      We offer you, O Holy Spirit, this thirteenth decade in honour of the mystery of Pentecost. Through this mystery and the intercession of Mary, your most holy spouse, we ask for your holy wisdom that we may know, taste and practice your truth and share it with everyone.

      Our Father, ten Hail Marys, Glory be to the Father.

      May the grace of Pentecost come into me and make me truly wise in the eyes of God.

      Fourteenth decade

      We offer you, Lord Jesus, this fourteenth decade in honour of the Immaculate Conception of your holy Mother and her assumption into heaven body and soul. Through these two mysteries and her intercession we ask for the gift of true devotion to her in order to live a good life and have a happy death.

      Our Father, ten Hail Marys, Glory be to the Father.

      May the grace of the Immaculate Conception and the Assumption of Mary come into me and make me truly devoted to her.

      Fifteenth decade

      We offer you, Lord Jesus, this fifteenth and last decade in honour of the Crowning in glory of your holy Mother in heaven. Through this mystery and her intercession we ask for perseverance and an increase in virtue up to the moment of our death and thereafter the eternal crown that is prepared for us. We ask for the same grace for all the just and all our benefactors.

      Our Father, ten Hail Marys, Glory be to the Father.

      5. We beseech you, Lord Jesus, by the fifteen mysteries of your life, death, passion and glory, and the merits of your holy Mother, to convert sinners, to help the dying, to free the souls in purgatory, and to give all of us your grace so that we may live well and die well. We pray also for the light of glory to see you face to face and love you during all eternity. Amen.

      Second, Shorter Method... Of Celebrating the life, death and heavenly glory of Jesus and Mary in the Holy Rosary and a method of restraining our imagination and lessening distractions.

      6. To do this a word or two is added to each Hail Mary of the decade reminding us of the mystery we are celebrating. This addition follows the name of Jesus in the middle of the Hail Mary: and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,

      Decade 1st "Jesus becoming man"

      2nd "Jesus sanctifying"

      3rd "Jesus born in poverty"

      4th "Jesus sacrificed"

      5th "Jesus holy of holies"

      6th "Jesus in his agony"

      7th "Jesus scourged"

      8th "Jesus crowned with thorns"

      9th "Jesus carrying his Cross"

      10th "Jesus crucified"

      11th "Jesus risen from the dead"

      12th "Jesus ascending to heaven"

      13th "Jesus filling thee with the Holy Spirit"

      14th "Jesus raising thee up"

      15th "Jesus crowning thee"

      Latin

      A la 1ère dizaine,quem, Virgo, concepisti.
      A la 2ème dizaine,quem visitando Elisabeth portasti.
      A la 3ème dizaine,quem, Virgo, genuisti.
      A la 4ème dizaine,quem in templo praesentasti.
      A la 5ème dizaine,quem in templo invenisti.
      A la 6ème dizaine,qui in Iordane baptizatus est.
      A la 7ème dizaine,qui ipsum revelavit apud Canense matrimonium.
      A la 8ème dizaine,qui Regnum Dei annuntiavit.
      A la 9ème dizaine,qui transfiguratus est.
      A la 10ème dizaine,qui Eucharistiam instituit.
      A la 11ème dizaine,qui pro nobis sanguinem sudavit.
      A la 12ème dizaine,qui pro nobis flagellatus est.
      A la 13ème dizaine,qui pro nobis spinis coronatus est.
      A la 14ème dizaine,qui pro nobis crucem baiulavit.
      A la 15ème dizaine,qui pro nobis crucifixus est.
      A la 16ème dizaine,qui resurrexit a mortuis.
      A la 17ème dizaine,qui in caelum ascendit.
      A la 18ème dizaine,qui Spiritum Sanctum misit.
      A la 19ème dizaine,qui te assumpsit.
      A la 20ème dizaine,qui te in caelis coronavit.

      At the end of the first five mysteries we say:

      May the grace of the joyful mysteries come into our souls and make us really holy.

      At the end of the second:

      May the grace of the sorrowful mysteries come into our souls and make us truly patient.

      At the end of the third:

      May the grace of the glorious mysteries come into our souls and make us eternally happy. Amen.

      Third Method... Of Fr. de Montfort for saying fruitfully the holy Rosary, for the use of the Daughters of Wisdom.

      7. I unite with all the saints in heaven, with all the just on earth, and with all the faithful here present. I unite with you, my Jesus, in order to praise your holy Mother worthily and to praise you in her and through her. I renounce all distractions which may arise during this Rosary. I desire to say it with attention and devotion as if it were the last of my life. Amen. We offer you, Lord Jesus, this Creed in honour of all the mysteries of our faith, the Our Father and three Hail Marys in honour of the unity of your being and the Trinity of your persons. We ask of you a lively faith, a firm hope and an ardent charity. Amen.

      I believe in God; Our Father; three Hail Marys.

      In each mystery, after the word Jesus, add a word to recall and honour the particular mystery. For example: Jesus incarnate, Jesus sanctifying, etc. as it is indicated at each decade.

      The Joyful Mysteries

      The Incarnation

      8. We offer you, Lord Jesus, this first decade in honour of your Incarnation in Mary's womb; through this mystery and her intercession we ask for deep humility. Amen.

      Our Father. Hail Mary ten times, adding "Jesus becoming man".

      May the grace of the mystery of the Incarnation come into our souls. Amen.

      The Visitation

      We offer you, Lord Jesus, this second decade in honour of the Visitation of your holy Mother to her cousin Saint Elizabeth and of the sanctification of Saint John the Baptist; through this mystery and the intercession of your holy Mother we ask for charity towards our neighbour. Amen.

      Our Father. Hail Mary ten times. "Jesus sanctifying".

      May the grace of the Visitation come into our souls. Amen.

      The Birth of Jesus

      We offer you, Lord Jesus, this third decade in honour of your Birth in the stable at Bethlehem ; through this mystery and the intercession of your holy Mother, we ask for detachment from worldly things, contempt of riches and a love of poverty. Amen.

      Our Father. Hail Mary ten times. "Jesus being born".

      May the grace of the mystery of the Birth of Jesus come into our souls. Amen.

      The Presentation in the Temple

      We offer you, Lord Jesus, this fourth decade in honour of your presentation in the temple and the purification of Mary; through this mystery and her intercession we ask for purity in body and mind. Amen.

      Our Father. Hail Mary ten times. "Jesus sacrificed".

      May the grace of the mystery of the Presentation come into our souls. Amen.

      The Finding of Jesus

      We offer you, Lord Jesus, this fifth decade in honour of your being found in the temple by Mary; through this mystery and her intercession we ask for true wisdom. Amen.

      Our Father. Hail Mary ten times. "Jesus Holy of holies".

      May the grace of the mystery of the Finding of Jesus come into our souls. Amen.

      At the end of this first Rosary the Magnificat is said.

      The Sorrowful Mysteries

      The Agony

      9. We offer you, Lord Jesus, this sixth decade in honour of your Agony in the Garden of Olives; through this mystery and the intercession of your holy Mother we ask for sorrow for our sins. Amen.

      Our Father. Hail Mary ten times. "Jesus in Agony".

      May the grace of the mystery of the Agony of Jesus come into our souls. Amen.

      The Scourging

      We offer you, Lord Jesus, this seventh decade in honour of your cruel Scourging; through this mystery and the intercession of your holy Mother we ask for the grace to mortify our senses. Amen.

      Our Father. Hail Mary ten times. "Jesus being scourged".

      May the grace of the mystery of the Scourging of Jesus come into our souls. Amen.

      The Crowning with Thorns

      We offer you, Lord Jesus, this eighth decade in honour of your being Crowned with Thorns; through this mystery and the intercession of your holy Mother we ask for contempt of the world. Amen.

      Our Father. Hail Mary ten times. "Jesus crowned with thorns".

      May the grace of the mystery of the Crowning with Thorns come into our souls. Amen.

      The Carrying of the Cross

      We offer you, Lord Jesus, this ninth decade in honour of your carrying the Cross; through this mystery and the intercession of your holy Mother we ask for patience in all our crosses. Amen.

      Our Father. Hail Mary ten times. "Jesus carrying his Cross".

      May the grace of the mystery of the Carrying of the Cross come into our souls. Amen.

      The Crucifixion

      We offer you, Lord Jesus, this tenth decade in honour of your Crucifixion and shameful Death on Calvary; through this mystery and the intercession of your holy Mother we ask for the conversion of sinners, perseverance for the just and relief for the souls in Purgatory. Amen.

      Our Father. Hail Mary ten times. "Jesus crucified".

      10. In this decade before each Hail Mary we ask God through the intercession of the nine choirs of angels for the graces we stand in need of.

      Holy Seraphim, ask God etc. Hail Mary etc.

      Holy Cherubim, ask etc.

      Holy Thrones, ask etc.

      Holy Dominations, ask etc.

      Holy Virtues, ask etc.

      Holy Powers, ask etc.

      Holy Principalities, ask etc.

      Holy Archangels, ask etc.

      Holy Angels, ask etc.

      All the Saints of Paradise, ask etc.

      Glory be to the Father, etc.

      May the grace of the mystery of the Crucifixion of Jesus come down into our souls. Amen.

      11. At the end of the second rosary the following prayers are said kneeling:

      [Prayer composed by Fr. de Montfort asking God for divine Wisdom]

      O God of our fathers, Lord of mercy, Spirit of truth, I, a mere worm of the earth, prostrate before your divine Majesty, acknowledging the great need I have of your divine wisdom which I have lost through my sins and trusting in the unfailing promise you have made to all those who ask with confidence, I come before you today to beg this grace of you with all possible earnestness and the greatest humility. Send us, O Lord, this wisdom which sits by your throne to strengthen our weakness, to enlighten our minds, to inflame our hearts, to speak and to act, to work and suffer in union with you, to direct our footsteps and to fill our souls with the virtues of Jesus Christ and the gifts of the Holy Spirit, for only Wisdom can bring us these gifts. O Father of mercy, God of all consolation, we ask you for this infinite treasure of your divine wisdom, through the tender heart of Mary, through the Precious Blood of your dear Son and through the intense desire you have to bestow your gifts on your poor creatures. Hear and grant our prayers. Amen.

      12. [Prayer to Saint Joseph]

      Hail Joseph the just, Wisdom is with you; blessed are you among all men and blessed is Jesus, the fruit of Mary, your faithful spouse. Holy Joseph, worthy foster-father of Jesus Christ, pray for us sinners and obtain divine Wisdom for us from God, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

      This prayer is said three times.

      The Glorious Mysteries

      The Resurrection

      13. We offer you, Lord Jesus, this eleventh decade in honour of your glorious Resurrection; through this mystery and the intercession of your holy Mother, we ask for love of God and fervour in your service. Amen.

      Our Father. Hail Mary ten times. "Jesus risen from the dead".

      May the grace of the mystery of the Resurrection come into our souls. Amen.

      The Ascension

      We offer you, Lord Jesus, this twelfth decade in honour of your triumphant Ascension; through this mystery and the intercession of your holy Mother we ask for an ardent desire for heaven, our true home. Amen.

      Our Father. Hail Mary ten times. "Jesus ascending to heaven".

      May the grace of the mystery of the Ascension come into our souls. Amen.

      The Pentecost

      We offer you, Lord Jesus, this thirteenth decade in honour of the mystery of Pentecost; through this mystery and the intercession of your holy Mother we ask that the Holy Spirit may come into our souls. Amen.

      Our Father. Hail Mary ten times. "Jesus filling us with the Holy Spirit".

      May the grace of the mystery of Pentecost come into our souls. Amen.

      The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin

      We offer you, Lord Jesus, this fourteenth decade in honour of the Resurrection and triumphant Assumption of your holy Mother into heaven; through this mystery and her intercession we ask for a tender devotion to so good a Mother. Amen.

      Our Father. Hail Mary ten times. "Jesus raising thee up".

      May the grace of the mystery of the Assumption come into our souls. Amen.

      The Coronation of Mary

      We offer you, Lord Jesus, this fifteenth and last decade in honour of the Coronation of your holy Mother; through this mystery and her intercession we ask for perseverance in grace and the crown of glory. Amen.

      Our Father. Hail Mary ten times. "Jesus crowning thee".

      14. In this decade before each Hail Mary we ask God through the intercession of all the saints for the graces we stand in need of.

      St. Michael the Archangel and all the holy angels, ask of God etc. Hail Mary etc.

      St. Abraham and all the holy Patriarchs, ask of God etc.

      St. John Baptist and all the holy Prophets, ask of God etc.

      St. Peter and St. Paul and all the holy Apostles, ask of God etc.

      St. Stephen, St. Lawrence and all the Martyrs, ask of God etc.

      St. Hilary and all the holy Pontiffs, ask of God etc.

      St. Joseph and all the holy Confessors, ask of God etc.

      St. Catherine, St. Therese and all the holy Virgins, ask of God etc.

      St. Anne and all holy Women, ask of God etc.

      Glory be to the Father etc.

      May the grace of the mystery of the Crowning in glory of Mary come into our souls. Amen.

      15. At the end of the third Rosary the following prayer is said:

      [Prayer to the Blessed Virgin]

      Hail Mary, well-beloved daughter of the eternal Father, admirable Mother of the Son, most faithful spouse of the Holy Spirit, glorious temple of the Blessed Trinity. Hail, sovereign Queen, to whom everyone is subject in heaven and on earth. Hail sure Refuge of sinners, our Lady of mercy, who has never repelled anyone. Sinner as I am, I cast myself at your feet and beg you to obtain from Jesus, your dear Son, contrition and pardon for all my sins and the gift of divine wisdom. I consecrate myself to you with all that I have. I choose you today as my Mother and Mistress; treat me then as the weakest of your children and the most submissive of your servants. Hear, O my Queen, the prayers of a heart that desires to love and serve you faithfully. Let it not be said that of all who have ever had recourse to you, I was the first to be unheeded. O my hope, my life, my faithful and immaculate Virgin Mary, hear me, protect me, strengthen me, instruct me, save me. Amen.

      Praised, adored and loved be Jesus in the most holy sacrament of the altar. Forever and ever.

      O Jesus, my dear Jesus, O Mary, Mother of Jesus, my beloved Mother, give us your holy blessing. Amen.

      Support us in our troubles, hear us when we pray, preserve us from the world and the devil. Amen.

      The superior says, "Nos cum prole pia benedicat Virgo Maria. Amen".

      Fourth Method

      Summary of the life, death and passion and heavenly glory of Jesus and Mary in the holy Rosary.

      16. Credo: 1) Faith in the presence of God. 2) Faith in the gospel. 3) Faith and obedience to the pope as Vicar of Jesus Christ.

      1 Our Father Unity of one, living and true God.

      1 Hail Mary To honour the eternal Father who conceives his Son in contemplating himself.

      2 Hail Mary The eternal Word, equal to his Father and who with him produces the Holy Spirit by their mutual love.

      3 Hail Mary The Holy Spirit who proceeds from the Father and the Son by the way of love.

      2 Our Father Immense charity of God.

      The Incarnation

      17. 1 Hail Mary To deplore the unhappy state of disobedient Adam; his just condemnation and that of all his descendants.

      2 Hail Mary To honour the desires of the patriarchs and prophets who pleaded for the coming of the Messiah.

      3 Hail Mary To honour the desires and prayers of the Blessed Virgin Mary to bring forward the coming of the Messiah; and her marriage with Saint Joseph .

      4 Hail Mary The love of the eternal Father in giving us his Son.

      5 Hail Mary The love of the Son who gave himself up for us.

      6 Hail Mary The mission and the greeting of the angel Gabriel.

      7 Hail Mary The maidenly fear of Mary.

      8 Hail Mary The faith and consent of the Virgin Mary.

      9 Hail Mary The creation of the soul and the formation of the body of Jesus in the womb of Mary by the Holy Spirit.

      10 Hail Mary The angels adoring the Word Incarnate in the womb of Mary.

      3 Our Father The most adorable majesty of God.

      The Visitation

      18. 1 Hail Mary To honour the joy in the heart of Mary at the Incarnation and the dwelling for nine months of the eternal Word in her womb.

      2 Hail Mary The sacrifice of himself that Jesus Christ offered to his Father on coming into the world.

      3 Hail Mary The contentment of Jesus Christ in the humble and Virginal womb of Mary and that of Mary in the enjoyment of her God.

      4 Hail Mary The doubts of St. Joseph on discovering that Mary was with child.

      5 Hail Mary The agreement between Jesus and Mary in her womb on the choice of the elect.

      6 Hail Mary The fervour of Mary when visiting her cousin.

      7 Hail Mary The greeting of Mary and the sanctification of St. John Baptist and of his mother St. Elizabeth.

      8 Hail Mary Mary's thanksgiving to God expressed in her Magnificat.

      9 Hail Mary Her charity and humility in the service of her cousin.

      10 Hail Mary The mutual dependence of Jesus and Mary and the dependence we should have upon them both.

      4 Our Father The infinite richness of God.

      The Birth of Jesus

      19. 1 Hail Mary To honour the contempt and the rebuffs which Mary and Joseph encountered at Bethlehem .

      2 Hail Mary The poverty of the Stable where God came into the world.

      3 Hail Mary The deep recollection of the exceeding love of Mary when she was about to give birth to her child.

      4 Hail Mary The coming forth of the eternal Word from the womb of Mary without breaking the seal of her Virginity.

      5 Hail Mary The adoration and the singing of the angels when Jesus was born.

      6 Hail Mary The ravishing beauty of her divine child.

      7 Hail Mary The coming of the shepherds into the stable with their humble gifts.

      8 Hail Mary The circumcision of Jesus and his suffering accepted in love.

      9 Hail Mary The giving of the name of Jesus and the nobility of this name

      10 Hail Mary The adoration of the kings and the gifts they brought.

      5 Our Father The eternal wisdom of God.

      The Purification

      20. 1 Hail Mary Obedience of Jesus and Mary to the Law.

      2 Hail Mary The sacrifice that Jesus made of his humanity to the Law.

      3 Hail Mary The sacrifice of her honour the Virgin Mary made to the Law.

      4 Hail Mary The joy and the songs of Simeon and Anne the prophetess.

      5 Hail Mary The ransoming of Jesus by the offering of two turtle doves.

      6 Hail Mary The massacre of the Holy Innocents by Herod the Cruel.

      7 Hail Mary The flight of Jesus to Egypt through St. Joseph 's obedience to the voice of the angel.

      8 Hail Mary The mystery of his abode in Egypt.

      9 Hail Mary His return to Nazareth

      10 Hail Mary His growth in age and wisdom.

      6 Our Father The incomprehensible holiness of God.

      The Finding of Jesus in the Temple

      21. 1 Hail Mary To honour his hidden, hard working and obedient life at Nazareth.

      2 Hail Mary His preaching and his being found in the temple among the doctors.

      3 Hail Mary His fasting and his temptations in the desert.

      4 Hail Mary His baptism by St. John Baptist.

      5 Hail Mary His wonderful preaching.

      6 Hail Mary His astounding miracles.

      7 Hail Mary The choice of the twelve apostles and the powers he gave them.

      8 Hail Mary His marvellous transfiguration

      9 Hail Mary The washing of the feet of the apostles.

      10 Hail Mary The institution of the Holy Eucharist.

      7 Our Father The essential happiness of God.

      The Agony of Jesus

      22. 1 Hail Mary To honour the places of retreat that Jesus Christ chose during his life, especially that of the Garden of Olives.

      2 Hail Mary His humble and fervent prayers offered during his life and on the eve of his passion.

      3 Hail Mary His patience and gentleness towards his apostles during his life and especially in the Garden of Olives.

      4 Hail Mary His weariness of soul during all his life and especially in the Garden of Olives.

      5 Hail Mary The outpouring of blood in which his sorrows bathed him.

      6 Hail Mary The comfort he consented to receive from an angel in his agony.

      7 Hail Mary His conformity to the will of his Father in spite of his natural reluctance.

      8 Hail Mary The courage with which he went to meet his executioners and the power of his words with which he crushed them and then uplifted them.

      9 Hail Mary His betrayal by Judas and his arrest by the Jews.

      10 Hail Mary His desertion by his apostles.

      8 Our Father Wonderful patience of God.

      The Scourging

      23. 1 Hail Mary To honour the chains and ropes with which Jesus was bound.

      2 Hail Mary The blow that he received in the house of Caiphas.

      3 Hail Mary The three denials of St. Peter.

      4 Hail Mary The shameful treatment he received at the house of Herod when he was dressed in a white robe.

      5 Hail Mary His being stripped of all his clothes.

      6 Hail Mary The scorn and insults he received from his tormenters because of his nakedness.

      7 Hail Mary His being beaten and flayed with rods of thorn and cruel whips.

      8 Hail Mary The pillar to which he was bound.

      9 Hail Mary The blood he shed and the wounds he received.

      10 Hail Mary His collapse through weakness into a pool of his own blood.

      9 Our Father Unspeakable beauty of God.

      The Crowning with Thorns of Jesus Christ

      24. 1 Hail Mary To honour his being stripped a third time.

      2 Hail Mary To honour His crown of thorns.

      3 Hail Mary The veil with which they blindfolded him.

      4 Hail Mary The blows and the spittle rained upon his face.

      5 Hail Mary The old robe they put over his shoulders.

      6 Hail Mary The reed they put into his hand.

      7 Hail Mary The rough stone upon which he was made to sit.

      8 Hail Mary The abuse and insults that were hurled at him.

      9 Hail Mary The blood which poured from his adorable head.

      10 Hail Mary His hair and beard which they tore at.

      10 Our Father Limitless omnipotence of God.

      The Carrying of the Cross

      25. 1 Hail Mary To honour Our Lord being presented to the people at the "Ecce Homo."

      2 Hail Mary The preferring of Barabbas to Jesus.

      3 Hail Mary The false testimonies given against him.

      4 Hail Mary His being condemned to death.

      5 Hail Mary The love with which he embraced and kissed the Cross.

      6 Hail Mary The dreadful sufferings he endured in carrying it.

      7 Hail Mary His falling through weakness under its weight.

      8 Hail Mary His sorrow on meeting his Mother.

      9 Hail Mary The veil of Veronica on which his face was imprinted.

      10 Hail Mary His tears and those of his Mother and the pious women who followed him to Calvary .

      11 Our Father Fearful Justice of God.

      The Crucifixion of Jesus Christ

      26. 1 Hail Mary To honour the five wounds of Jesus Christ and the shedding of his blood on the Cross.

      2 Hail Mary His pierced heart and the Cross upon which he was crucified.

      3 Hail Mary The nails and the lance which pierced him, the sponge, the gall and the vinegar which he was given to drink.

      4 Hail Mary The shame and the ignominy he endured in being crucified naked between two thieves.

      5 Hail Mary The compassion of his Blessed Mother.

      6 Hail Mary His seven last words.

      7 Hail Mary His abandonment and his silence.

      8 Hail Mary The distress of the whole universe.

      9 Hail Mary His painful and shameful death.

      10 Hail Mary His being taken down from the Cross and his burial.

      12 Our Father The eternity of God without a beginning.

      The Resurrection

      27. 1 Hail Mary To honour the descent of the soul of Our Lord into hell.

      2 Hail Mary The joy and the release of the ancient fathers who were in limbo.

      3 Hail Mary The re-uniting of his body and soul in the tomb.

      4 Hail Mary His miraculous emergence from the tomb.

      5 Hail Mary His victories over death and sin, the world and the devil.

      6 Hail Mary The four qualities of his glorious body.

      7 Hail Mary The power that he received from his Father in heaven and on earth.

      8 Hail Mary His appearances to his Mother, his apostles and disciples.

      9 Hail Mary His discourses on heaven and the meal that he had with his disciples.

      10 Hail Mary The peace, the authority and the mission he gave them to go out into the whole world.

      13 Our Father The unlimited omnipresence of God.

      The Ascension of Jesus Christ

      28. 1 Hail Mary To honour the promise that Jesus Christ made to his apostles to send them the Holy Spirit and the command he gave them to prepare to receive him.

      2 Hail Mary The gathering of all his disciples on the Mount of Olives.

      3 Hail Mary The blessings he gave them as he rose from the earth towards heaven.

      4 Hail Mary His glorious ascension by his own power into heaven.

      5 Hail Mary The welcome and triumphant acclaim which he received from God, his Father and from all the heavenly court.

      6 Hail Mary The triumphant power with which he opened the gates of heaven through which no mortal had passed.

      7 Hail Mary His being seated at the right hand of his Father as his beloved Son equal to his Father.

      8 Hail Mary The power he received to judge the living and the dead.

      9 Hail Mary His last coming upon earth when his power and majesty will appear in all their magnificence.

      10 Hail Mary The justice he will mete out at the last judgment when he rewards the just and punishes the wicked for all eternity.

      14 Our Father The all-embracing Providence of God.

      Pentecost

      29. 1 Hail Mary To honour the truth of God the Holy Spirit proceeding from the Father and the Son and who is the love of the Godhead.

      2 Hail Mary The sending of the Holy Spirit upon the apostles by the Father and the Son.

      3 Hail Mary His descent accompanied by the sound of a great wind which shows his might and power.

      4 Hail Mary The tongues of fire he sent to the apostles giving them an understanding of the scriptures and love of God and neighbour

      5 Hail Mary The fullness of grace which the heart of Mary, his faithful spouse, was privileged to receive.

      6 Hail Mary The marvellous guidance he gave to all the saints and even to the person of Jesus Christ during all his life.

      7 Hail Mary The twelve fruits of the Holy Spirit.

      8 Hail Mary The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit.

      9 Hail Mary To ask especially for the gift of wisdom and the coming of his kingdom into men's hearts.

      10 Hail Mary To be victorious over the three evil spirits that are opposed to him, namely the spirit of the flesh, of the world and of the devil.

      15 Our Father The unspeakable generosity of God.

      The Assumption of Mary

      <

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)