Update

  • Ted Michael Morgan
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2005
      We had to evacuate my office. An incident happened across the street
      at the River Center where refugees from New Orleans. The major
      ordered us home.

      I do not know what happened. I talked to the constable, whose
      officers were protecting us with shotguns and other weapons. He did
      not know what happened.

      Not spreading rumors is essential. We have more than an extra 400,000
      people in Baton Rouge. We expect some problems. The storm brings out
      the worst and the best in us. I made an obscene gesture this morning
      to someone who ran a red light. I do not do that sort of thing. I
      think people, even people who are not in danger of in great
      discomfort, are tired. Even on public radio, people are venting
      anger.

      I have not yet volunteered to help yet because of my illnesses.
      However, I will do something. I cannot help with clean-up, but I have
      other skills.

      Louisiana is not a poor state, but it is a state with many poor
      people and with great disparity in wealth. The contrast between
      people who have endured the stench of the Superdome and those of us
      who look like Henry Cabot Lodge when he was ambassador to South
      Vietnam is striking. Ambassador Lodge had the reputation of never
      sweating.

      I confess that I did sweat—I even got a heat rash the way babies do.
      Both The New York Times and CBS News coverage are excellent.

      New Orleans did not take a direct hit. That helped. Many people are
      complaining about political leadership. However, the geography of the
      city and the culture of the region are complex. I love this region.
      We are not the caricatures—not even the looters--that some
      commentators seem to think that we are.

      Thank you for your concern.
    • Rebecca Mandala
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2005
        Thank you for letting us know how you are doing. We'll continue to pray.

        On 9/1/05, Ted Michael Morgan <tmmorgan@... > wrote:
[...]

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/feholB/TM

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • P Hatch
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2005
          Yes, thanks very much Ted--I cannot imagine the chaos
          you are trying to deal with, in addition to the every
          day dramas we all face.

          And thanks to mft to posting the list of donations;
          I'm happy to say that my employer already made an
          announcement that they will match donations.

          I pray that God sends His Love and Peace to everyone
          stricken by this event

          Patty

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Ted Morgan