Baptism

  • Ted Michael Morgan
    Message 1 of 201 , May 1, 2005
      I suppose that both credobaptism and paedobaptism make sense within
      Christian practice. One can make arguments for either form of baptism.
      A helpful reference to the topic is at http://www.wcc-
      coe.org/wcc/what/faith/faverg.html

      To me, the reference to dying and being reborn into Christ is a central
      motif. In addition, I experience baptism as an act of gratitude for
      something already done in my name through the sacrificial death of
      Christ. Baptism is less something that I do than something I submit to
      being done to me.

      Ted Michael Morgan
    • Grace Aquinas
      Message 201 of 201 , May 23, 2005
        Oh balogny there was no sarcasm.

        "No baby? surprise, surprise"

        THIS is a sarcastic statement, at least take responsiblity for your own actions.

        Robin <robinsmail@...> wrote:
        It wasn't sarcasm.
        There is no surprise (to me anyway), that man cannot create the spirit inside the body. only GOD can do that.
        Robin