Re: a question

  • wmc_42601d
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2003
      "Perhaps you are. However, as the British like to say, be careful
      that
      you don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. My present thinking
      (
      and I am always willing to modify this as more evidence becomes
      available) is that the institutional Cathoilic Church has become a
      bit of a
      mixed bag, having both correct an incorrect beliefs. The trick, is to
      separate the true from the untrue."

      Before I believe in Catholicism, I did a lot of research, and the
      only conclusion I could find was that Jesus must have left an
      infallible authority on Earth. Without it, Christianity crumbles,
      not even having a book of Sacred Scripture, so I realized it must tbe
      the Catholic Church. Therefore, I don't see any errors.
    • wmc_42601d
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 2, 2003
        "[Yes, He is referred to as the Holy Spirit. It's
        impossible for man or institution to be infallible. Think about it.]"

        I thought about it. You convinced me that I was right before even
        more strongly, unless Jesus was a liar or the infallible guide he
        left does a horrible job.
      • lesteralberque
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 18, 2003
          --- In catholicquestions@yahoogroups.com, wmc_42601d <no_reply@y...>

          > Before I believe in Catholicism, I did a lot of research, and the
          > only conclusion I could find was that Jesus must have left an
          > infallible authority on Earth. Without it, Christianity crumbles,
          > not even having a book of Sacred Scripture, so I realized it must
          tbe
          > the Catholic Church. Therefore, I don't see any errors.

          *********Les replies,

          Why would it have to be infallible?