Re: Invitation to dialogue

  • peaceinchrist2003 <peaceinchrist2003@yah
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 28 7:30 PM
      --- In catholicquestions@yahoogroups.com, the_spacemouse
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      . We believe that Jesus
      > Christ is the son of God, that He died for our sins and was raised
      > from the dead. We believed that we are saved by grace alone,
      through
      > faith working in love. We are just as Christian as Protesants

      Hi, to tell you the truth at one time i would have agreed with what
      you wrote but now i think differently based upon revealtion of what
      the catholics actually also believe, especially with regard to the
      above.

      For instance you say jesus is the son of God, but also propse allah
      to be this god.
      you say you believe he died for our sins but say allah is the same
      one true god you and moslems adore and worship, but allah says jesus
      didnt die for our sins, nor that he rose from the dead, but your pope
      kissed the very book that contained those antichrist insults to
      christ death and ressurection.
      you say you believe you saved by grace alone, but also have now a
      titel given to a human being as mediator of all graces ( mediatrix?
      so im afraid catholcism and christanity are as distinct as
      christanity and islam it seems.

      At one time i wasnt at all aware of this, it is only though the
      blatent opne statements on thses things by the catholic church that
      this is now obvious to any that really knew God and his word, jesus.

      > --- In catholicquestions@yahoogroups.com, "imunchained
      > <imunchained@y...>" <imunchained@y...> wrote:
      > > Hi everyone, I just wanted to invite you all to my new Yahoo
      Group
      > > that is open to both Christians and Catholics alike for
      dialogue.
      > > All messages regarding the dialogue will be approved.
      >
      > I think you mean "open to both Protestants and Catholics" not
      > "Christians and Catholics." Catholicism is a form of Christianity,
      > and Catholics are Christians, not just by our own definition but by
      > the definition of most Christian Churches. We believe that Jesus
      > Christ is the son of God, that He died for our sins and was raised
      > from the dead. We believed that we are saved by grace alone,
      through
      > faith working in love. We are just as Christian as Protesants.
    • Steven Fredette
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 28 7:44 PM
        From: <imunchained@...>

        > Hi everyone, I just wanted to invite you all to my new Yahoo Group
        > that is open to both Christians and Catholics alike for dialogue.
        > All messages regarding the dialogue will be approved. All Catholics
        > are free to come and attempt to defend their theology.

        I like how all messages must be "approved" then we Catholics are "free"
        to "attempt" to defend our "theology". ROFL!

        In other words when one of us Apologists blows your excuse for a
        religion out of the water, the message doesn't approved?

        God Bless,
        Steve Fredette
        Webmaster of The Roman Catholic Web Author's Resource Site:
        http://www.prowebsites.net/catholic

        "Matrimony is not just any union between human persons, susceptible to being
        configured according to a plurality of cultural models." Pope John Paul II
      • John & Gina
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2003

          No thanks…

          Show me a protestant before 1500.

          Catholics, agree with them or not, are the first Christians.

          John

          Hi everyone, I just wanted to invite you all to my new Yahoo Group
          that is open to both Christians and Catholics alike for dialogue.
          All messages regarding the dialogue will be approved.  All Catholics
          are free to come and attempt to defend their theology.  I am
          especially curious to hear the opinions of the Christians out there,
          if you join the group, please take the polls and answer to the best
          of your knowledge.  Thank you!

          By His Grace,
          Chris Curtis
          www.realtruthradio.com

        • mtn72
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 1, 2003
            "Christians and Catholics..." too funny if it was intended as a slap
            at Catholics; however, I like assume good intentions so let me
            suggest the following interpretation.

            I think this may have been unintentional; evidentially some
            Protestants do not like the term "Protestant," but since there are
            thousands of different denominations, it can be hard (impossible,
            really) for them to come up with one word that describes such
            persons aside from Christian. But as has already been pointed out,
            Christian covers Catholic, Orthodox, Methodist, Anglican, etc.

            --- In catholicquestions@yahoogroups.com, "John & Gina"
            <jgmielko@b...> wrote:
            > No thanks.
            >

            > Show me a protestant before 1500.
            >
            > Catholics, agree with them or not, are the first Christians.
            >

            > John

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=246694.2952583.4334860.2251764/D=egroupweb/S=1
            705

            121695:HM/A=1468267/R=0/*http:/www.choiceshirts.com/index_yh_relig.as
            p?s

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 1, 2003
              -
              "In other words when one of us Apologists blows your excuse for a
              religion out of the water, the message doesn't approved?"

              The above is exactly whats been happening to me here in this group

              -- In catholicquestions@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Fredette"

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 1, 2003

                the gruop says umoderated on the right but every message i post says
                this group is moderated??
                how come??

                - In catholicquestions@yahoogroups.com, "peaceinchrist2003

              • Cant4get <cant4get@yahoo.com>
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 2, 2003
                  Hmmmmm, maybe it is the work of the Holy Spirit.... :-)

                  Sincerely,

                  (Not) The Moderator

                • the_spacemouse
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 2, 2003
                    --- In catholicquestions@yahoogroups.com, "peaceinchrist2003
                    <peaceinchrist2003@y...>" <peaceinchrist2003@y...> wrote:
                    > --
                    >
                    > the gruop says umoderated on the right but every message i post says
                    > this group is moderated??
                    > how come??

                    Posts from new members are moderated in this group. Becky and I (the
                    two moderators) do this to lower the level of spamming and to make
                    sure that new members understand the purpose of the group. Although
                    this group is in the debate section, its purpose is to allow serious
                    dialogue on Catholic issues between Catholics and Protestants.
                    Protestants and other non-Catholics are welcome to come and ask
                    questions about Catholic beliefs or practices. However, we do not
                    allow people to post messages for the sole purpose of telling us that
                    we're wrong if those people don't seem interested in real discussion.
                    I have to say, "peaceinchrist," that a number of your posts do not
                    seem appropriate for this club. If you want to just tell Catholics
                    what's wrong, you should go to another group. If you continue saying
                    that what members of the group post is "nonsense" and so on, you may
                    be deleted, because there is no need to ridicule someone's beliefs in
                    order to express your disagreement. This goes for ALL members of the
                    group as well. If you cannot discuss things without being insulting,
                    you may be deleted. Please be respectful to those of other religions,
                    whether they are Catholic, Protestant, or non-Christian.
                  • John & Gina
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 3, 2003

                      Please give an example…

                      John