Sacrament of Reconciliation

  • liliebud@juno.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2002
      Dear Mistreemom:
      In addition to the prayer suggested by the priest for
      Reconciliation, the individual penitent can make
      amends appropriate to the situation, where possible.
      This, by the way, is one of the Steps for Recovery
      in Alcoholics Anonymous! "Commit the crime --
      do the time", so to speak.
      Lily
    • barley_shpc
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 9, 2002
        Actually, it is comprised in 2 Steps:

        8 Made a list of all those whom we had hurt.
        9 Made direct amends, except when to do so would hurt them or others.

        Aside from 'making things right', making amends is an essential
        ingredient on the road to true humility - and without humility we can
        never truly approach God. When we make amends, sometimes to persons
        who have harmed us more than we have harmed them (but that is not our
        concern), we are admitting we were wrong, something none of us likes
        to do!

        Mark