This group is established to "take on" the discussions that don't quite "fit" into our apologetics groups (ACTS and BattleACTS). This group will be relatively unmoderated and adhere to similar rules as BattleACTS, namely:
1) Document yourself or retract.
A request to "document or retract" must be accompanied with a logical reason why you're making the request. Merely stating "document or retract" without reason can be ignored.2) No profanity.
3) Any message that contains a direct (negative) personal assertion toward another person, on or off this list, must have the words "Ad Hom" in the beginning of the subject.
4) If statements are made and stated as facts, be prepared to submit one's self to rule 1. If you're only stating your opinion on a given matter, clearly indicate so (opinions can be dismissed).
5) Requests for the moderator to consider moderating someone should be made in private to the moderator.
6) Messages need to be on-topic and not pure advertizing (like for another website, blog, message group, etc.). You may include a link as a signature, content of your message must not be pure advertizing. On-topic also means the message content should match the subject header.
7) This one should go without saying, but moderator requests must be adhered to or offender may be placed on moderation or removed.
Unless the need for more rules arises, we'll leave it at that.
This group is hosted through the http:\\www.americancatholictruthsociety.com - the American Catholic Truth Society (ACTS)
The Catholic Debate Forum is dedicated to the Lord Jesus Christ as a place to defend the Church He built upon that Rock (Petros). The purpose of the Catholic Debate Forum (CDF) is to answer respectful questions and challenges put before us. If you can participate with us in the true spirit of 1 Peter 3:15, then you will be a welcome guest and participant.
- May 29, 2003
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.
Group Email Addresses
Members of this group also joined
Public Group, 138 membersHi and welcome to the Catholic-Protestant list!! This list is for discussion of the Catholic faith ...more