hello, from a new and inquiring member

  • dlouise_ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2002
      I have chosen this group to join so that I can really ask WHY people
      of intelligence are tied to the Catholic religion. As far as I can
      see, this faith is embedded in a fear of Hell, with possibilties
      of "buying" redemption. People are kept in poverty by not allowing
      birth control, and then expected to praise the "help" given them far
      too late for their deliverance. Priests abuse those in their charge,
      and the Vatican is the RICHEST entity on this earth, yet does not
      give to the poor. It expects the poor to give to the poor.

      I am apalled that the World Youth fiasco, recently perpetrated in my
      city of Toronto, is out of pocket to the tune of 30 MILLION dollars.
      They are asking the PUBLIC for help! The wealth in the Vatican is
      sickening, and this "holy man" says he wants to help the poor. Jesus
      must be crying his eyes out. This faith is a sham.