Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Thought for Today.

Expand Messages
  • angel_guardian_7
    To paraphrase what Jesus Christ said to His disciples, ...and blessed are those who have not seen, but still believe. Amen! Praise be the Lord Jesus Christ,
    Message 1 of 48 , Dec 1, 2008
    • 0 Attachment
      To paraphrase what Jesus Christ said to His disciples, "...and
      blessed are those who have not seen, but still believe."

      Amen! Praise be the Lord Jesus Christ, now and forever. Amen!


      --- In catholic3@yahoogroups.com, "Emo Holes" <emo@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Every sentence you have written below still doesn't make sense. 
      >
      > Well it does to me? But it isn't my view. It's the scienctific
      > perspective.
      >
      > >It is obvious no evidence of a creator is possible for you. 
      >
      > How can you possibly arrive at that conclusion when you haven't
      shown
      > me any evidence?
      >
      > > You have whole line of empty excuses and examples that don't hold
      > water.
      >
      > I don't do "excuses" I do explanations.
      >
      > >  Another words any thing you write leaks like sieve.  There is
      very
      > little truth (if any) in what you write.
      >
      > OK so show me something that I have written that isn't true?
      >
      > >  You don't even make sense to yourself.  Once again, God help you.
      > >
      >
      > Science is the um... science of making sense of reality. :-)
      >
      > Religion is the "science" of avoiding reality.
      >
      > Emo.
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > > ________________________________
      > > From: Emo Holes <emo@>
      > > To: catholic3@yahoogroups.com
      > > Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 1:53:32 PM
      > > Subject: [Catholic] Re: Thought for Today.
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > > Hi Peter,
      > >
      > > > What did you say about "your god."  Sorry you got it all
      wrong. 
      > We
      > > are God's property so we don't have "your god" as you say.
      > >
      > > Well human history is repleat with hundreds of Gods. Ra, Odin,
      > Thor,
      > > Zeus, Mithras, Allah .... and Mars, the Roman God of war who had
      a
      > > planet named after him. In the pre-scientific age people invented
      > > Gods by the dozen because they were unable to understand reality.
      > >
      > > Galileo led the way in 1600 and look what science has achieved. I
      > > know you have a computer so you use electricity and heat. Do you
      > have
      > > a TV, a car and have you been vaccinated? If science was as you
      and
      > > Angel claim none of these things would exist. As they didn't in
      the
      > > Dark Ages before Galileo.
      > >
      > > You position is obvously dishonest.
      > >
      > > >You believe in all this empty science simply because you can see
      > > it. 
      > >
      > > That's wrong on two counts. Only religious people "believe". I
      > don't
      > > do that. And secondly, how can you claim that science is "empty"
      > when
      > > you are clearly using it to talk to me?
      > >
      > > > Blessed by the person who believes and not sees. 
      > >
      > > I know that's the religious mantra but it's just a survival
      > mechanism
      > > for religion. Think about it. You don't see all those other Gods
      > and
      > > you don't believe in them. You only believe in your God (or is
      that
      > 3
      > > Gods?).
      > >
      > > Proclaiming that something is true when you cannot know that its
      > true
      > > is not an honest position. For example, try to believe that the
      > moon
      > > is melting or that there's a Blue Rocking horse factory at the
      > centre
      > > of the sun. Are you able to believe anything you feel like
      > believing?
      > > I can't.
      > >
      > > > He is Almighty God of heaven and earth but no means He is
      not "my
      > > god." 
      > >
      > > How then should I reference him? He seems not to have a name to
      > > distinguish him from all those other Gods.
      > >
      > > >You know better but you would rather fall for you errors.  God
      > help
      > > you.
      > >
      > > Errors? What have I been saying that is in error? Us honest guys
      > > don't like to do that kind of thing if we can help it.
      > >
      > > Emo.
      > >
      > > > ____________ _________ _________ __
      > > > From: Emo Holes <emo@>
      > > > To: catholic3@yahoogrou ps.com
      > > > Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 5:36:49 AM
      > > > Subject: [Catholic] Re: Thought for Today.
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > > Hi Angel,
      > > >
      > > > You talk like someone from the pre-scientific Dark Ages and
      it's
      > > > rather ironic that you are using a computer and the internet to
      > do
      > > > it. :-)
      > > >
      > > > Since then Galileo invented the Scientific Method and that has
      > > given
      > > > us our modern world. Air is no mystery we can feel the wind in
      > our
      > > > face and we can use our instruments to analyse it. That's how
      we
      > > know
      > > > there's too much CO2 in the atmosphere causing global warming.
      > > >
      > > > Evolutionary science has a very impressive model of where my
      > > > intellect came from, where it all began and how it happened.
      It's
      > a
      > > > magnificent story. However you are quite right to say that
      > science
      > > > doesn't know everything. But it does know a great deal that you
      > > have
      > > > obviously missed.
      > > >
      > > > That raises an interesting point. You claim to know something
      > about
      > > > your God that science doesn't know and so does Peter. So my
      > > question
      > > > is how do you do that? How can you know something that science
      > > > doesn't know?
      > > >
      > > > Peter has reduced his level of insults but you don't seem to
      > have.
      > > > You now claim that my elevator doesn't go all the way to the
      top
      > > > floor and that I am so evil that I deserve eternal damnation.
      > > >
      > > > How can you possibly know this stuff when your thinking is back
      > in
      > > > the Dark Ages before science started to make sense of the world
      > and
      > > > explain all those "mysteries".
      > > >
      > > > You still haven't said what you will say to your God when he
      > askes
      > > > you to explain the insults and derision that you hurl in such
      > > > profusion in my direction.
      > > >
      > > > Emo.
      > > >
      > > > --- In catholic3@yahoogrou ps.com, angel_guardian_ 7
      > <no_reply@ .>
      > > > wrote:
      > > > >
      > > > > You breathe air, but you cannot actually see it or touch it.
      > > There
      > > > > are mysteries all around us, on this planet and beyond, and
      > most
      > > > > cannot be fully explained as to existence. The human
      intellect
      > > > > cannot possibly explain everything as we know or experience
      it
      > > from
      > > > > our own fragile, limited, and puny perspectives. Humans are
      > > > > imperfect. Where did our intellect come from then? When and
      > where
      > > > > did it begin exactly?
      > > > >
      > > > > Emo is only human, so what does he know anyway? He acts as if
      > He
      > > > is
      > > > > god: all-knowing, all powerful, omnipresent. But he is NOT!
      He
      > is
      > > > a
      > > > > wanna-be god by his own words.
      > > > >
      > > > > You can try to debate with Emo, but is HE REALLY ALL THERE?
      > Maybe
      > > > > just like Judas Escariot, he is doomed for all time. But I'll
      > > > leave
      > > > > that up to the all merciful GOD Himself...and may He have
      mercy
      > > on
      > > > > Emo's soul.
      > > > >
      > > > > Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the living God, have mercy on us
      > > sinners.
      > > > > Amen.
      > > > >
      > > > >
      > > > >
      > > > >
      > > > > --- In catholic3@yahoogrou ps.com, "Emo Holes" <emo@> wrote:
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > > > Peter,
      > > > > >
      > > > > > You don't seem to be able to make your mind up if:
      > > > > >
      > > > > > > science is a wonderful gift from God.
      > > > > >
      > > > > > or:
      > > > > >
      > > > > > > You aren't getting anywhere of proving anything by
      science
      > or
      > > > > > otherwise.
      > > > > >
      > > > > > >After it is God who created the awesome human brain.
      > > > > >
      > > > > > How do you know that? There's no evidence for it?
      > > > > >
      > > > > > However, there is loads of evidence that the human brain
      > > evolved
      > > > > > under the action of Natural Selection.
      > > > > >
      > > > > > >There is no reason that I see to worship these fine
      eletric
      > > and
      > > > > > internet marvels we enjoy.
      > > > > >
      > > > > > I don't "worship" science. Why should I? However it is very
      > > > > > impressive and backed up by mountains of evidence.
      > > > > >
      > > > > > > All thanks and praise to God. If we would only use it to
      > His
      > > > > glory!
      > > > > >
      > > > > > Where is your "proof" that God exists? I can't find it
      > anywhere
      > > > and
      > > > > > you still haven't said why you believe in Jesus and the
      Holy
      > > > spirit
      > > > > > when Commandment No. 2 says "no other Gods"?
      > > > > >
      > > > > > Emo.
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > > > --- In catholic3@yahoogrou ps.com, "Peter J. Pojar"
      <rajop1@>
      > > > wrote:
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > Emo:
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > I agree science is a wonderful gift from God.  After it
      is
      > > God
      > > > > who
      > > > > > created the awesome human brain.  There is no reason that I
      > see
      > > > to
      > > > > > worship these fine eletric and internet marvels we enjoy. 
      > All
      > > > > thanks
      > > > > > and praise to God.  If we would only use it to His glory! 
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > PJP
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __
      > > > > > > From: Emo Holes <emo@>
      > > > > > > To: catholic3@yahoogrou ps.com
      > > > > > > Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 6:49:20 PM
      > > > > > > Subject: Re: [Catholic] Thought for Today.
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > --- In catholic3@yahoogrou ps.com, "Peter J. Pojar"
      > <rajop1@>
      > > > > wrote:
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > Emo:
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > You a very funny guy. 
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > Careful now Peter. That's a compliment! (I agree of
      course:-
      > ))
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > Very uninformed about what you wrote about below.
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > Ummm. No. I know about that. I wrote it you see so I do
      > know
      > > > > about
      > > > > > it.
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > You show no intellect for what you call "thought for
      the
      > > > day." 
      > > > > I
      > > > > > > hope next time I log on I hope I find you intellegent and
      > > > instead
      > > > > > of
      > > > > > > a "scatter brain." 
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > OK I'll try harder.
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > >You aren't getting anywhere of proving anything by
      science
      > > or
      > > > > > > otherwise.
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > Ummm... but what about the science that lets us chat to
      > each
      > > > > other
      > > > > > > here? Isn't all that computing and internet
      stuff "science"?
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > Or is your God making our conversation happed?
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > Emo.
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > PJP
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __
      > > > > > > > From: Peter J. Pojar <rajop1@>
      > > > > > > > To: catholic3@yahoogrou ps.com
      > > > > > > > Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 2:04:56 PM
      > > > > > > > Subject: Re: [Catholic] Thought for Today.
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > Emo:
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > As soon as you stay within the topic discussed I will
      > > > respond. 
      > > > > > So
      > > > > > > far you want to tell all about criminal science.  It has
      > > > nothing
      > > > > to
      > > > > > > do with "believe or else."  It is true, like it or not,
      in
      > > this
      > > > > > > believe it  or else or "obey or else".   Tell me what are
      > you
      > > > > > trying
      > > > > > > to prove.  I have proven to you there is a God but you
      > refuse
      > > > to
      > > > > > > believe.
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > PJP
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __
      > > > > > > > From: Emo Holes <emo@ uk>
      > > > > > > > To: catholic3@yahoogrou ps.com
      > > > > > > > Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 1:45:33 PM
      > > > > > > > Subject: Re: [Catholic] Thought for Today.
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > --- In catholic3@yahoogrou ps.com, "Peter J. Pojar"
      > > <rajop1@>
      > > > > > wrote:
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > Emo:
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > What do you expect??  You think a killer should get
      > away
      > > > with
      > > > > > > > murder by letting him have his way?? 
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > Certainly not! But first it is necessary to establish
      the
      > > > facts
      > > > > > of
      > > > > > > > the matter. That's usually down to forensic science and
      > has
      > > > to
      > > > > be
      > > > > > > > done very carefully - fingerprints, blodstains, DNA
      > > matching
      > > > > all
      > > > > > > that
      > > > > > > > kind of stuff. If we rely on hearsay and mere opinion
      > then
      > > > > > innocent
      > > > > > > > people could get punished.
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > >  You bet it is believe or face the consequences. 
      > Or "or 
      > > > > else"
      > > > > > > as
      > > > > > > > you put it.  If you can't except the consequences of
      you
      > > > > unbelief
      > > > > > > > that is your problem.  God gave us Ten Commandments to
      > > obey. 
      > > > > The
      > > > > > > Ten
      > > > > > > > Commandments are the laws of life. 
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > OK but doesn't the second commandment say this:
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > "You shall have no other gods but me."
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > That appears in Exodus and therefore Jesus and the Holy
      > > > Spirit
      > > > > > > > qualify as "Other Gods". Or so says the Jews and the
      > > Muslims.
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > Because the early Christians "believed" they died by
      > > hands
      > > > of
      > > > > > > those
      > > > > > > > who forced thier own beliefs and laws upon them. 
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > Yes I know the history well and I know they believed.
      But
      > > > that
      > > > > > > > doesn't mean that what they believed was true. The Jews
      > and
      > > > the
      > > > > > > > Muslims believe that Jesus was not the son of God and
      the
      > > > > > > Christians
      > > > > > > > believe that he was. They can't all be right. Truth
      > cannot
      > > > > > > contradict
      > > > > > > > truth.
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > >  Jesus is the way, the light, and the truth.  You
      won't
      > > > > accept
      > > > > > > > that, instead you accuse.  To bad for you.
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > You won't accept the Jewish version or the Muslim
      version
      > > or
      > > > > the
      > > > > > > > Hindu version..... ..
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > Why not when the Jews can lay prior claim to the ten
      > > > > commandments
      > > > > > > > which say very clearly "No other Gods" (or ELSE!) :-)
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > Emo.
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > PJP
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __
      > > > > > > > > From: Emo Holes <emo@>
      > > > > > > > > To: catholic3@yahoogrou ps.com
      > > > > > > > > Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 2:20:10 AM
      > > > > > > > > Subject: Re: [Catholic] Thought for Today.
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > --- In catholic3@yahoogrou ps.com, "Peter J. Pojar"
      > > > <rajop1@>
      > > > > > > wrote:
      > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > Elmo:
      > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > Believe or else is not the way to put it.  Believe
      it
      > > or
      > > > > face
      > > > > > > the
      > > > > > > > > consequences.  We all have a free well.  We can break
      > the
      > > > > > > > commandment
      > > > > > > > > and believe as we please.  Result: your choice is
      hell. 
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > Well Peter that sure sounds like "Believe or ELSE
      > suffer
      > > > for
      > > > > > all
      > > > > > > > > eternity in Hell" to me. You don't offer much of an
      > > option.
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > >Or you can believe in God and reap the benefits of
      > real
      > > > > truth
      > > > > > > and
      > > > > > > > > justice, one is obeying the Ten Commandments to the
      > > letter
      > > > > and
      > > > > > > the
      > > > > > > > > other is loving God your heart mind and soul. 
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > I can't make myself believe that John McCain is
      > President
      > > > > > elect,
      > > > > > > or
      > > > > > > > > that the Earth is flat or that Marmalade is made from
      > > > > Bananas.
      > > > > > > > That's
      > > > > > > > > because I am honest and I don't control what I
      believe.
      > > The
      > > > > > > > evidence
      > > > > > > > > does that.
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > The evidence is that there are (n) mutually
      > incompatible
      > > > > > > religions
      > > > > > > > so
      > > > > > > > > at least (n-1) of them must be in error.
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > >It wouldn't be believe it or else mentality either. 
      > God
      > > > is
      > > > > > > > merciful
      > > > > > > > > and awaiting patiently for the person to come to his
      > > > senses. 
      > > > > > He
      > > > > > > > > hopes you will come to your senses.
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > How do you know that? Why do you say that your God is
      > > > waiting
      > > > > > for
      > > > > > > > me
      > > > > > > > > to be dishonest? How can I believe when there is no
      > > reason
      > > > to
      > > > > > > > > believe.
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > Why don't you believe in Allah, Oden, Zeus, Mithras
      and
      > > > those
      > > > > > > > > thousands of other Gods? I only believe in one (or is
      > it
      > > > > > three?)
      > > > > > > > less
      > > > > > > > > God than you do.
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > Emo.
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > PJP
      > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __
      > > > > > > > > > From: Emo Holes <emo@>
      > > > > > > > > > To: catholic3@yahoogrou ps.com
      > > > > > > > > > Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 9:02:49 AM
      > > > > > > > > > Subject: Re: [Catholic] Thought for Today.
      > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > --- In catholic3@yahoogrou ps.com, "Peter J. Pojar"
      > > > > <rajop1@>
      > > > > > > > wrote:
      > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > Emo:
      > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > Why would that be:  That's the "Believe or ELSE!"
      > > > > > scenario. 
      > > > > > > > > > Obviously you don't believe in law and order
      either. 
      > > So
      > > > > what
      > > > > > > is
      > > > > > > > > it? 
      > > > > > > > > > You think you have the right to kill someone or
      break
      > > > every
      > > > > > law
      > > > > > > > in
      > > > > > > > > > the nation and church?  Emo, the is the most famous
      > one
      > > > of
      > > > > > your
      > > > > > > > > > excuses yet.  It doesn't evern hold water.  You
      have
      > do
      > > a
      > > > > > > better
      > > > > > > > > job
      > > > > > > > > > than that.
      > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > The explanation is very simple. The laws of the
      land
      > > are
      > > > > > > > necessary
      > > > > > > > > > because there is plenty of evidence that the land
      > > > actually
      > > > > > > > exists.
      > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > There is no evidence that Heaven and Hell exist and
      > > there
      > > > > are
      > > > > > > (n)
      > > > > > > > > > mutually incompatible religions all proclaiming
      that
      > > > their
      > > > > > God
      > > > > > > is
      > > > > > > > > the
      > > > > > > > > > real one and only God. In other words religion is a
      > > very
      > > > > > > confused
      > > > > > > > > and
      > > > > > > > > > error prone human belief system. Consequently I
      > cannot
      > > > make
      > > > > > > > myself
      > > > > > > > > > believe in it.
      > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > My position is an honest one. Why would your God
      send
      > > me
      > > > to
      > > > > > > hell
      > > > > > > > > for
      > > > > > > > > > being honest?
      > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > Emo.
      > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __
      > > > > > > > > > > From: Emo Holes <emo@>
      > > > > > > > > > > To: catholic3@yahoogrou ps.com
      > > > > > > > > > > Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 8:42:07 AM
      > > > > > > > > > > Subject: Re: [Catholic] Thought for Today.
      > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > --- In catholic3@yahoogrou ps.com, "Peter J.
      Pojar"
      > > > > > <rajop1@>
      > > > > > > > > wrote:
      > > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > > Emo:
      > > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > > You bet I choose hell whenever I go against His
      > > > well. 
      > > > > I
      > > > > > am
      > > > > > > > > sure
      > > > > > > > > > > doing my best to do His
      > > > > > > > > > > > by doing His well.  As for you, you already
      chose
      > > > > hell. 
      > > > > > > You
      > > > > > > > > live
      > > > > > > > > > > on excuseses and half truth.You slapped God in
      the
      > > face
      > > > > and
      > > > > > > > said
      > > > > > > > > I
      > > > > > > > > > > don't believe,
      > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > But Peter! That's the "Believe or ELSE!" scenario.
      > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > It presupposes that I can control what I believe.
      I
      > > > can't
      > > > > > do
      > > > > > > > that
      > > > > > > > > > > because I am honest.
      > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > > instead I believe in science. 
      > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > No I don't "believe" in science. I ACCEPT it as a
      > > very
      > > > > good
      > > > > > > > model
      > > > > > > > > > of
      > > > > > > > > > > reality. "Belief" is a religious concept not a
      > > > scientific
      > > > > > > one.
      > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > > Don't forgot, God is already creator of science
      > to
      > > > > those
      > > > > > > who
      > > > > > > > > > > believe and not use science to exploit and play
      god.
      > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > Surely reality is as it is irreepective of what
      > > > religious
      > > > > > > > people
      > > > > > > > > > > believe it to be? So how do you know ( as opposes
      > to
      > > > just
      > > > > > > > > believe)
      > > > > > > > > > > that God created science?
      > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > Emo.
      > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > > PJP
      > > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __
      > > > > > > > > > > > From: Emo Holes <emo@>
      > > > > > > > > > > > To: catholic3@yahoogrou ps.com
      > > > > > > > > > > > Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 3:45:30 PM
      > > > > > > > > > > > Subject: Re: [Catholic] Thought for Today.
      > > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > > --- In catholic3@yahoogrou ps.com, "Peter J.
      > Pojar"
      > > > > > > <rajop1@>
      > > > > > > > > > wrote:
      > > > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > > > Elmo,
      > > > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > > > Who is believing or else??  You don't believe
      > and
      > > > > your
      > > > > > > are
      > > > > > > > > not
      > > > > > > > > > > > forced to  believe.  So what is your problem?? 
      > > There
      > > > > are
      > > > > > > > > > instances
      > > > > > > > > > > > in other religions this is true only a
      difference
      > > the
      > > > > > > > > imprisement
      > > > > > > > > > > and
      > > > > > > > > > > > expoitation but as far as you concerned, no one
      > is
      > > > > > forcing
      > > > > > > > you
      > > > > > > > > to
      > > > > > > > > > > > believe.  No one is.  You are as free as a
      bird. 
      > > > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > > > PJP
      > > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > > Hi Peter,
      > > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > > I welcome the sentiment you express there.
      But...
      > > why
      > > > > > then
      > > > > > > > did
      > > > > > > > > > you
      > > > > > > > > > > > say this?
      > > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > > > Go straight and believe!!! You are the one
      just
      > > as
      > > > > > guilty
      > > > > > > > as
      > > > > > > > > > > > choosing hell as anybody.
      > > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > > Emo.
      > > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been
      > > removed]
      > > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been
      > removed]
      > > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been
      removed]
      > > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      > > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      > > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      > >
      >
    • Emo Holes
      Hi Angel, ... truth ... too ... Yet again you bear false witness against me and against science. I have never claimed that science has all the answers or that
      Message 48 of 48 , Dec 11, 2008
      • 0 Attachment
        Hi Angel,

        > Sorry...but I think that you are just way too full of yourself, and
        > your self-glorification thing that somehow you know all of the
        truth
        > and all of the answers based on scientific principals alone. Way
        too
        > bloated and inflated ego, friend.

        Yet again you bear false witness against me and against science. I
        have never claimed that science has all the answers or that I know
        all that science knows.

        Yet you claim to know what science says that it doesn't know and then
        you insist that science is at fault for claiming to know everything?
        The picture you paint is bothe false witness and incoherent.

        Please look at the logic of that and try to understand where you go
        wrong.


        > You may even be deranged and not
        > even know it. My advise is for you to seek help quickly before
        > you've lost your mind completely.
        >

        So the insult return once more.

        Insults are no match for rational, honest and fair argument. They
        reflect badly on the ability of the insulter who thereby implicily
        acknowledges both intellectual and moral defeat.

        > Science has provided that much for you in that there may be some
        > medication to help you regain some sense of sanity. Clearly, you
        > don't appear to be playing with a full deck. Please seek medical
        > help and soon. I would really hate to see a poor soul like
        yourself
        > mired in madness and self-delusion that causes you to completely
        lose
        > your mind. Seriously, you do need help. Please get it soon.
        >

        I note what you say and I will not respond in kind. That isn't my
        style. I will however remind you the the bearing of false witness
        against your neighbour is a violation of a commandment.


        You claim to be a believer and what you say is witness to what that
        means. I admit to being surprised that only you and Peter seem to
        want to bear witness for your faith here. Are you, as Catholics,
        taught to insult people who, unlike you, don't control what they
        believe and see not reason to defer to your indoctrination based
        model of reality?

        It wasn't like that in my day but that was a long time ago.

        Emo.
      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.