Vatican II and Our Lady of Fatima

  • Brad Lifto
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2007
      In Honor of Our Lady of Fatima and the month of the Holy Rosary we
      send you this article from "Tradition in Action".
      Lest we forget....

      PROGRESSIVIST DOCUMENT OF THE WEEK

      Card. Oddi: Vatican II was the revolution in the Church predicted by
      the Third Secret

      The late Cardinal Silvio Oddi was one of the last conservatives in
      the Roman Curia.

      He worked closely with Archbishop Roncalli (the future John XXIII)
      when the latter was Nuntio in Paris. Msgr. Oddi was made a Cardinal
      by Paul VI in 1969, Between 1979 and 1985 he served as Prefect for
      the Congregation of the Clergy. After his retirement he wrote a book
      of memoires.

      Among many interesting things, he affirms that Vatican II was the
      fulfillment of the Third Secret of Fatima: a Revolution in the
      Church.

      At right top is the cover of the book Il tenero mastino di Dio [The
      Meek Watchdog of God]. At right , photocopies of the Italian text.
      Below, we present our translation of the lines highlighted in yellow.

      The prophecy of Fatima was completely defied! It is a lack of sense,
      I would say, because according to the interpretation that seems to me
      most worthy of consideration, the Third Secret - which John XXIII and
      his successors thought inopportune to reveal - is not about a
      supposed conversion of Russia, still far from becoming a reality, but
      regards the 'revolution' in the Catholic Church.

      From a Council convened to throw light on the beauty and profundity
      of the Christian mystery by presenting the Church as the spouse of
      Christ, according to the beautiful words of the same Pope John XXIII,
      so many innovations were born that they appear to constitute a true
      internal revolution.

      (Silvio Oddi, Il Tenero Mastino di Dio, Rome: Progetto Museali
      Editore, 1995, p. 217-218).