Miami Dogs

  • Barbara McGillicuddy
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 5, 2004
      Hi Magi,

      I just got off the phone with my vet.  Things are bleak....

      Treatment for these dogs will be 6-8 weeks.  They are highly contagious to dogs and people. I have effectively put my whole rescue at risk. The medication beyond a lime sulphite dip, is tremendously expensive, also.  We have to buy 4 more large crates to isolate them.  That's $400.00 off the bat.

      I am not sure WHAT to do.  This is going to be unbelieveable.  If I am still in rescue after this, it will be a miracle.

      Barbara McGillicuddy
      Catahoula Rescue
      State of Florida
      Regional Coordinator
      Vice President Catahoula Rescue, Inc.

      mailto:hoularescuefl@...
      http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/FL257.html
      http://www.catahoularescue.com/
      http://www.geocities.com/catahoularescue/

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 5, 2004
        Hi Barbara,
        I will be happy to help with these babies and momma.  If you need to drive to Miami to get these guys, I would be happy to go with you.  I have been wanting to buy a couple more large kennels anyway, so I can just let you borrow them as long as you need them.  Also, let me donate in the name of Chief......Do you have the space to keep them completely separate from your other dogs because you don't want to put them at risk... I can come help with their care until they are well.  We can make it work.... have faith....we just have to be senseable and make a realistic plan to get these babies and get them well.  The dog walk is coming up and I will go by Petco this week and/or Petsmart about getting an adoption day once a month for Catahoula rescue....Please let me know what I can do.  We don't want to risk our other dogs but we could be very careful to save these.  Spay and neutering could solve so much..It should be illegal for stupid people to own pets....Email me or call me.  I am dog washing tomorrow.  I did a dog wash once to raise money for the SPCA.  It turned out pretty okay....Let me know,,,, Toni.
      • Missy Rose
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 5, 2004
          Toni:

          You're right! It should be illegal for stupid people to own dogs.

          Barbara:

          PETsMART is very good about donating gift certificates/supplies/adoption days at a store... provided they get the credit and publications. If anyone on the list has connections...please speak up.

          We got PETsMART gift cerficates for our Orchestra's Halloween concert two years ago. It was printed in the bulletin, and our judges for the Halloween costumes were all local TV News Celebrities that announced PETsMART's generosity when they gave out the prizes.

          See what I mean about connections? Maybe get business cards from vista.com and have "sponsored by PETsMART" printed on the bottom, etc... Other ideas? Give it a shot. I wish I had connections with the stores down there since I used to work for the one here in Greater Grand Rapids, MI. But, anyone with any pull in anyway could give Barbara an "in"!

          Karrie

          Spacecoastduo@... wrote:
[...]

          Catahoula Rescue Network
          www.geocities.com/catahoularescue

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • NYhoularesq
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 6, 2004
            Little Rock (Ark.) Animal Services.................she IS a beauty!
            Anyone heard directly from Lori? I want to KNOW that this baby is SAFE!
            Tina

            marcia alonso <firecrackergirl75@...> wrote:
            where is this LRAS? Forgive me for my ignorance. my goodness she's beautiful!

            NYhoularesq <angusno2001@...> wrote:
            I got this e-mail today!
            With all of the horrible stuff coming out of LRAS, can't someone help this sweet baby????? PLEASE??!!
            Tina
            New York Catahoula Rescue

            Does anyone have room for this beautiful girl???

            >From: LoriScottNakai@...
            >To: pleaserescue@...
            >CC: wmvaughan@...
            >Subject: houla pup
            >Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 22:50:00 EDT
            >
            >Hi Amy,
            >This little houla girl is at LRAS. I have her on hold. Would you like
            this
            >sweet baby?
            >Thanks,
            >Lori

            Tina D. Wright
            New York Catahoula Rescue
            regional coordinator  www.geocities.com/catahoularescue
            DON'T BREED OR BUY, WHILE SHELTER DOGS DIE
            ADOPT AN ORPHAN AT:

            Do you Yahoo!?

            Catahoula Rescue Network
            www.geocities.com/catahoularescue

            > ATTACHMENT part 2 image/jpeg name=houlapup LRAS.jpg

            Do you Yahoo!?

            Catahoula Rescue Network

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 6, 2004
              I have written to Lori.  When I know something, I'll let y'all know.  I am still willing to take this little girl AND I have a foster, one of the best, ready to take her.
              Transport is still the issue with me.  I am taking momma and pups tomorrow, they are out and safe.  Magi will post some pics. of course they are adorable.  I have also a tentative plan with Amber to take her Red pup as well on Sunday.  I am going to figure this out sooner or later :)

              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 6, 2004
                She is safe and going to Connecticut.  YEAH!!!

              • Sue Delaney
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 6, 2004
                  Where is Mims? If you cross my path, i will see if can help with
                  transport. I am in Pt Charlotte.

                  ~Sue~

                  Susan and the Catahoula Gang - WE SURVIED HURRICANE CHARLEY
                  Always missing those at the bridge
                  Grace It Is, Snowflake, Duke Sammy, Nikki, Oreo, Jake, Duchess & Champ

                  NEW WEBSITE: http://home.comcast.net/~ferretkingdom/
                  OLD WEBSITE still available here: http://www.geocities.com/sue_delaney/

                  Feed RAW for healthy dogs!

                  Service.