Re: Pup

  • Ted Hart
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 4 3:58 AM
      Mary,

      Did you find out why the lady gave up the pup? I'm sure you had a few
      choice words for the woman. Just wondering.

      Ted
    • Mary Langevin
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 4 1:28 PM
        Well...something funny is going on here.
        I sent her a email before I ever called the shelter, asking her if the dog
        was Clint.
        She has since sent me THREE replies assuring me that the dogs is not "her"
        Clint.
        And yet when I spoke with the shelter yesterday they wouldn't give me the
        owner's name who dropped Clint off so I said, "OK. How about I give you her
        name and you can tell me if it's her." I gave them her name and they
        confirmed that that's who dropped the dog off to them.

        I guess I had better call the shelter back to varify again and then call
        this lady myself.

        Mary

        > Did you find out why the lady gave up the pup? I'm sure you had a few
        > choice words for the woman. Just wondering.
        >
        > Ted

      • Miranda Greer
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 4 10:21 PM
          I don't think there can be any doubt about what's going on - the woman
          dumped the dog for whatever reason and is too chickensh*t to own up to it. I
          mean how many other purebred, double glass eyed, dark blue leopard, tan
          trimmed, male bobtail Catahoulas named Clint could possibly reside in this
          town? All that plus the fact that the shelter confirmed it was her. At this
          point she has to know that you know, so why not at least do the
          semi-honorable thing and admit it and relinquish ownership back to you.

          Miranda
        • Terry Hoffman
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 5 3:00 AM
            If you are planning to sue for breach of
            contract, I'd suggest a blood sample from father,
            mother, and pup to confirm parantage. There is a lab
            in College Station, TX that can do this (Imgrin,
            although I could have spelled it wrong). I've used
            them in the past (just for piece of mind with a
            strange bunch of pups from an accidental and mixed
            litter) and they are easy to work with. I can't say
            whether or not I would sue - the breeder rarely wins -
            but it also gets a reputation going with less chance
            of future breaches.

            =====
            These biting remarks supplied to you courtesy of Terry and the Canine Legion
            lordhoff@...

            http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/