castrati and countertenors

  • carlo_farinelli
    Message 1 of 187 , Jul 4, 2000
      Welcome to the Yahoo! Message Board for castrati and countertenors
    • real_kael
      Message 187 of 187 , Nov 30, 2003
        If these nuances are so complex and requires difficult listening
        then they wont be in the moreschi recordings as the frequency used
        to record his singing was so narrow as to only just basically record
        a sound. to actually say you know what he sounded like from those
        recordings isn't accurate as the vast majority of the over and
        undertones he would have created simply are not in the recording.
        This is most obvious in the fact that both the violin and piano
        sound very lacking in tone as well. I have heard countless
        recordings made by Endo adult males, CT's and women and i can say
        that the lines are VERY blurry. Each of these voice types can most
        definately contain qualities of each and upon hearing you wont be
        able to tell which is which.

        in fact i heard an Endo male sing a song and ten sing something else
        later (after he had gone thru HRT) with falsetto....the quality of
        the Falsetto was exactly the same only it was a stronger sound
        basically because he was a better singer...but the sound was so
        close to being the same it just sounded like he was singing on a
        different day.

        Nathaniel

        --- In castratiandcountertenors@yahoogroups.com, J G