vacuum container for small molds

  • peter tucker
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2000
      I'm a newbie to casting and would like to use Dow Corning type J rtv
      for some small molds. Small as in 8 to 20 cubic inches. I have a
      vacuum pump ( venturi type 2 cfm) that I use for vacuum bagging that
      I assume will be enough given the size of my castings. My big
      question is what can I use inside my bag to cover the mold? I was
      thinking of a pyrex baking pan inverted over the mold, resting on my
      vacuum bagging platen. Given the small area, would this be strong
      enough?

      I read many of the old postings and understand there is some concern
      about using glass, but I would like to see what's going on

      Thanks in advance for any advice

      peter tucker
      roomboxes etc
      Vancouver BC Canada