Re: [casting] Alumilite Flex 60 Bonding

  • Ray K
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16, 2013
      You will definitely want to pour your 2nd material into the mold while your
      1st material is still tacky, or not totally cured for sure. If you don't
      mind a little mixing of the 2, pour the 1st, then your 2nd immediately and
      see how it works. If you were to pour your 2nd material carefully, I'm sure
      you would get a good bond.

      Experiment a little and let us know.

      Good luck!

      --
      Ray Kotke
      Recumbent Casting, LLC

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 16, 2013
        I've poured Alumilite's Flex 70 onto their regular after it has cured and gotten a permanent bond. I don't believe they produce 70 any longer. I haven't used the 60.

        - Mike