Re: outdoor paint suggestion

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 30, 2012
      rustoleum makes a nice paint that is for any surface...no priming...It is in the spray cans...if anyone is interested, I can look it up...just did: <http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=178> they sell it at LOwes...

      Dave D
      Http://metalshop.homestead.com

      --- In casting@yahoogroups.com, casting-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Hi David, a bit more information would be helpful. What are the numbers made of? Resin? Metal? This would affect your choice of primer and paint. Cheers,
      >
      > Pat Lawless
      >
      > --- In casting@yahoogroups.com, "DavidS" <booney_1@> wrote:
      > >
      > > What type of paint should I use for an outdoor application (numbers for outside of house)?
      > >
      > > I understand that I need to wash and prime the part first. But then can I use any type of exterior paint?
      > >
      > > Thanks.
      > >
      > > Also, anybody know a place that sells pantone matching paint?
      > > (other than pantone, they only sell by the liter)
      > >
      > > Thanks again,
      > > David

    • DavidS
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 31, 2012
        I am planning to use an epoxy or polyurethane resin.

        --- In casting@yahoogroups.com, casting-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > Hi David, a bit more information would be helpful. What are the numbers made of? Resin? Metal? This would affect your choice of primer and paint. Cheers,
        >
        > Pat Lawless
        >
        > --- In casting@yahoogroups.com, "DavidS" <booney_1@> wrote:
        > >
        > > What type of paint should I use for an outdoor application (numbers for outside of house)?
        > >
        > > I understand that I need to wash and prime the part first. But then can I use any type of exterior paint?
        > >
        > > Thanks.
        > >
        > > Also, anybody know a place that sells pantone matching paint?
        > > (other than pantone, they only sell by the liter)
        > >
        > > Thanks again,
        > > David

      • doc
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 31, 2012
          At 10:52 AM 31/12/2012, you wrote:

          >I am planning to use an epoxy or polyurethane resin.

          You might want to try a PU that is UV resistant. Something like this:
          http://www.smooth-on.com/Urethane-Plastic-a/c5_1120_1156/index.html

          And add the color you want. Then you won't need a paint job.

          I think there are also additives that are used for UV resistance.

          DOC