Re: [casting] PU rubber suggestions?

  • john baird
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 14 1:48 AM
      Hi, car engine mounts are oil resistant rubber, bonded to metal plates, might be easier to modify the pre-manufactured mount.
      Regards jb

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 14 1:53 AM
        --- In casting@yahoogroups.com, doc <danieloconnell@...> wrote:

        > Can anyone suggest a PU rubber that's about 30 shore and
        > (now here's the catch :-))
        > is impervious, or least highly resistant to, oil.
        >
        > I am refurbishing an old machine tool (die filer) and the motor
        > was originally mounted on rubber pads. The rubber pads were sandwiched
        > between two metal plates. Over the years the original rubber has
        > deteriorated and needs to be replaced.

        Doc, you don't give any dimensions for the mounts, but how about some automotive motor mounts or something like this:
        <http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fuel-Tank-Mount-Isolator-Machinery-Vehicle-Tractor-/250622957763?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a5a4ad8c3>
        Unless of course, you desire the satisfaction of creating your own.

        Gary.
      • Oliver T.
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 14 7:57 AM
          For designed-for-machinery anti-vibration mounts, do a search
          on:

          Vibro-Stop;
          Novibra Type C, HK, RA, RAEM, M, SAW, TF, VT & VTM;
          Mago-BLOK/FIX/FLEX/ROTULA

          As well, many of the Industrial/Garage/Food Service/Farming
          walk-on pads/mats would serve as oil-resistant anti-vibration
          mounts.

          Oliver T.
          Therzawhey, NB