Re: Vacuum pump from a refrigerator compressor?

  • Mick C
    Message 1 of 36 , Mar 1, 2009
      And that's what I did, picked up another compressor the other day,
      this time I actually checked the wiring before I pulled everything off :D

      it works a treat, Woot! Woot!
      All I need to do now is sort out the fittings and vacuum gauge

      Mick

      --- In casting@yahoogroups.com, "Mick C" <mickc_22@...> wrote:

      > I think it would be easier to get another one and start again
      >
      > -mick
      >

      > --- In casting@yahoogroups.com, Ted Quick <rim_molder@> wrote:
      > >
      > > All you really need is a large capacitor hooked inline to 1 pole
      of the
      > > motor. If it runs backwards put it on the other pole. Probably best
      > to check
      > > which pole it was on first, I'm not sure what a compressor would do
      > running backwards.
      > >
      > > Ted Quick

    • Corey Minion
      Message 36 of 36 , Apr 2, 2009
        I only just got back 2 days ago, and have yet to get into the work shop.
        I should be able to tell you yea or nay next week.

        _____