Re: Liquid marble

  • Alumilite
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1 9:28 AM
      I don't know about an actual brand of liquid marble, but you could come pretty close by taking some white resin and added some streaks of gray dye through it.

      Paul Inman
      *Alumilite*
      <alumilite.com>

      ----------
      > HI. I'm an old molder that has only worked with metals in the past. I'm really
      > interested in expanding my horizons and working with resins and other
      > materials . I've heard some things about liquid marble and was curious as to
      > what it was.Can you batch it up yourself ? Does any one out there know any
      > commercial sources? Please forgive me if this seems a dumb question.
    • Tom Williams
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1 10:27 AM
        In the UK we use a stone filler called 'marblemite' which produces a grainy
        marble effect.then use polyester pigment in streaks to provide veining.
        Maybe such a thing exists in the US.
        Tom
        =============================
        - . I've heard some things about liquid marble and was curious as to
        >> what it was.Can you batch it up yourself ? Does any one out there know
        any
        >> commercial sources? Please forgive me if this seems a dumb question.

        >Having difficulty getting "in synch" with list members?
        >http://www.onelist.com
        >Try ONElist's Shared Calendar to organize events, meetings and more!

        >Don't forget to e-mail pat at: miracle-castings@... with photos of
        your castings for the web site. Also, please let him know who your suppliers
        are.