Anyone using Smooth On's Sorta Clear?

  • Jean Whipple
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
      If so, we'd really like to know what release agent you use and what the
      life span is (average of course) on your molds. It seems like we're lucky
      to get 10 or 15 castings out of one lately then the release fails and the
      resin bonds to it. We like the fact that you can see through the mold, esp
      for the first few castings when you are working out the venting but it's a
      rather expensive proposition at this point of the mold is only good for a
      few castings!

      Peace,
      Alia
      Borderland Studio & Casting Svcs
      http://www.borderlandstudio.com/
      New: check out my tack: http://www.borderlandstudio.com/tack.htm
      Updated 5/14/04!

      "I have spread my dreams under your feet.
      Tread softly, for you tread on my dream."
      -- William Butler Yeats

      A Woman Who Owns Horses Goes Where She Wants - Lakota Sioux Saying

    • Robert Hayes
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
        Alia, I have tried all brands of mold release and finally found the one that
        does what it says it will do. Polyester Parfilm from Price Driscoll. Use it
        wet or dry, it will leave NO witness marks, can be safely sprayed onto
        masters, wil NOT harm styrene nor resin. It leaves the pull ready fo paint
        as soon as it comes out of the mold. A link to their web site is on the
        links page on my web site www.bigscalemodelers.com. It sells for $8.50 per
        can and I will not use anything else. Give them a call?! Bob Hayes

      • Spanosnu@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
          Hi Bob,

          I tried accessing your web site to find out more about Polyester Parfilm from
          Price Driscoll,but received this message instead? Does AOL pose a virus
          threat to your computer? I am not the most computer knowledgeable person, so any
          explanation would be helpful.

          Thanks,

          Rick Spano

          In a message dated 4/1/2005 10:25:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          steckel@... writes:
          www.bigscalemodelers.com.
          You are not authorized to view this page
          address of your Web browser.

          If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please
          contact the Web site administrator by using the e-mail address or phone number
          listed on the www.bigscalemodelers.com. home page.
          HTTP 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address rejected
          Internet Information Services

          Background:
          This error is caused when the server has a list of IP addresses that are not
          allowed to access the site, and the IP address you are using is in this list.
          More information:

        • Robert Hayes
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
            Rick, am a bit puzzled myself!!! Clicked the link you enclosed and it
            worked. Got rid of AOL and I.E> and went to Mozilla/ Firefox. Safer. Send me
            your email and I'll make sure you get the link. Bon

          • Spanosnu@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
              In a message dated 4/1/2005 9:17:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, steckel@...
              writes:
              www.bigscalemodelers.com
              Hi Bob,

              Thanks for your reply. I tried copying the link and recieved the same error
              message. Upon closer inspection I noticed a "period" after ".com". This
              time I was more careful in highlighting the link and was able to bring up the
              website. Thanks again. If some members of the list run into similar problems
              with other links, maybe keeping in mind my mistake might be helpful.

              Rick
              spanosnu@...

            • Robert Hayes
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 2, 2005
                Public Home folder | Molderone | Fotki.com Some more pix of molding/
                casting here,Rick. Price Driscoll will send you out a free can of Parfilm
                when you call them. Good customer service! Keep me posted?
                > In a message dated 4/1/2005 9:17:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                > steckel@...
                > writes:
                > www.bigscalemodelers.com
                > Hi Bob,
                >
                > Thanks for your reply. I tried copying the link and recieved the same
                > error
                > message. Upon closer inspection I noticed a "period" after ".com". This
                > time I was more careful in highlighting the link and was able to bring up
                > the
                > website. Thanks again. If some members of the list run into similar
                > problems
                > with other links, maybe keeping in mind my mistake might be helpful.
                >
                > Rick
                > spanosnu@...

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Jean Whipple
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 2, 2005
                  Thanks for the info, Bob, we'll give this a try!

                  Peace,

                  Alia