Re: Spin-casting mold release

  • Brian Chapman
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2004
      Jim,

      Just wanted to say thanks for helping . . . Thanks!

      Used an old white gym sock; works great. I'll send you a check for
      the talc, just give me an idea for how much.

      Brian

      Brian Chapman
      2201 Fox Trail Dr. NE
      Cedar Rapids, IA 52402

      > Just pure talc is all but dry talk is the trick. Bake it and store
      it in an air tight container. Put talk into the center of a shop rag
      than tie it together banding it up with a rubber band to close it.
      Leave it sit next to your smelting pot; a hot place that will dry the
      talc while in use. Talc your mold by tapping on the mold with the
      bundled talc, dusting generously. Knock the mold half's together or
      blow off with air to remove excess talc. Don't breath the talc, use
      good ventilation and mask.

      > I've got a life time supply for the country of India here in the
      shop. If you want me to send some out give me a mailing address. No
      charge, I would be happy to see you get what you need without having
      to buy as much as I did.

    • Brian Chapman
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2004
        Thought I had sent the above message directly to Jim. Sorry about
        posting it to the list. Guess it's just too early in the
        morning. . . .

        Brian

        Brian Chapman
        Cedar Rapids, Iowa