Introduction

  • Mickey Sadler
    Message 1 of 36 , May 1, 2004
      Hi All,

      I am Mickey Sadler in Dublin, Ohio. I am a retired computer tech and
      just getting started in casting/mold making. My casting may be a bit
      different. I am starting a part-time business in glassblowing. I would
      like to make molds to cast glass and use when blowing glass. I will
      probably use lost wax or foam to make molds I can cast aluminum in to
      make the molds for hot glass.

      My wife is a wedding cake designer and baker. I plan on making molds of
      food-grade silicon rtv for her sugar paste work. One of her main
      suppliers of these molds is going out of business so I hope to make
      molds for her use. She has molds of lace, flowers, sea creatures, etc.
      that she uses.

      I plan on lurking for a bit as I go through the archives and hope to
      learn a lot here.

      Mickey
      ----
      Mickey E. Sadler
      Dublin, Ohio
    • Nozmo King
      Message 36 of 36 , Jan 8, 2010
        Hi Wes,

        Sounds like an interesting venture. At one time I could draw or sketch action and cartoon figures rather well. Somewhere along the way I lost that talent, now my drawings resemble my 5year old grandsons...lol.

        As for shrinking castings, there is a product called Hydrospan. They have two formulas, Hydrospan 100 and Hydrospan 400. I believe the 400 is or shrinking. It is produced by Industrial Polymers

        Hope this helps a bit.

        Jeff K.