Hello, is this working?

  • Ted Quick
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 1, 2003
      I haven't recieved any e-mails here for the last 2 ddays and want toi check if
      the connection is still active.

      Ted Quick

      =====
      Ted Quick
      rim_molder@...
      http://neoquick.swiftdialup.net/ Low cost dialup ISP

    • dking551
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 1, 2003
        Yep, it's working, just been kinda dead around here lately.

        David

        --- In casting@yahoogroups.com, Ted Quick <rim_molder@y...> wrote:
        > I haven't recieved any e-mails here for the last 2 ddays and want
        toi check if
        > the connection is still active.
        >
        > Ted Quick
        >
        > =====
        > Ted Quick
        > rim_molder@y...
        > http://neoquick.swiftdialup.net/ Low cost dialup ISP

      • Juan Antonio Celaya
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 9, 2004
          Hi Alan,

          Did u succeed building the vacuum forming machine ?
          Does really worth the book ? What the title of book?

          I am interested building a machine too so I am now
          in the information gathering process Any suggestion is
          welcome :)

          Juan Antonio

          --- In casting@yahoogroups.com, dana stamey <daybrezze39@y...> wrote:
          > Ted,
          > I'm starting a stone floor tile business and instead of paying
          $4.95 each for my "12 x 12" tile molds ( made from latex ) plus
          shipping, I though I would make some custom one's for my business.
          > I've alrealdy ordered a book about building one ( Vacuum Forming
          machine), could you tell me the cost of building a 2' x 2' and a 3' x
          3' machine?
          > And how much would my tile molds cost ( cost to make 12" x 12" ) in
          materials to make them myself, please guess?

          > Thank you!
          > Alan
          >

          > Ted Quick <rim_molder@y...> wrote:
          > I built a very simple vacuum former once. It was just a wooden box
          with the
          > form as the top and a fitting on the side. Of course it wasn't very
          fast or
          > easy to use, but gave me a way to make the parts I needed. Part
          size was about
          > 10" x 12".
          >
          > Material cost was insignificant, used mostly wood that was sitting
          around the
          > house and a fair amount of duct tape. The plastic sheet was just
          heated in an
          > electric oven Do NOT use a gas oven since flames may start catching
          on
          > outgassed fuumes.....
          >
          > Do I understand you want to make latex parts cast in thermoformed
          plastic
          > (sheet) molds? Read it and thought you meant to thermoform
          latex.... but I'm
          > not really awake yet. In any case polyethylene (cheaper) or
          polypropylene
          > (slightly more expensive, but much longer lived) sheets are best
          for any kind
          > of mold making.
          >
          > Just be sure you figure out how thick a sheet you need to be able
          to pull it
          > over whatever form you have, since it WILL be getting thinner at
          the high (or
          > low) parts of the form when streched to fit.
          >
          > Ted Quick
          > --- Alan <daybrezze39@y...> wrote:
          > > Has anyone ever built a vacuum forming machine if so, what size?
          > >
          > > What was your cost in materials?
          > >
          > > I want to make latex molds, what kind of plastic sheets do I
          purchase?

          > > Where can I purchase the 2'x 2' sheets, and how much are they?
          > > Thank you!
          > > Alan
          > >

          > =====
          > Ted Quick