Re: Acrylic resin (Jesmonite)

  • Pilky
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2003
      I have sculpted a very detailed piece of a ballet dancer about
      10inches high, and I want to make a bronze-look resin casting of it
      from a RTV mould. I have recently heard of a product called
      Jesmonite, which is an acrylic resin and it is used with a calcium
      silicate filler. Has any list member any experience with Jesmonite?
      How does it compare to polyurethane resin? Will it be suitable for my
      sculpture, and will it pick up all the detail?

      TIA
      Pilky
    • Eric <wolfsbane@hotmail.com>
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2003
        Try the users guide from their web site.

        http://www.hbclients.co.uk/tersus/users.html

        Eric