Pressing ceramics with air release

  • scuffer52
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2002
      Hello All,
      I would like to build a ram press with air release for forming
      ceramics. Has anyone ever built a 2(4) post compression press or
      knows of an industry where this type of press is used or an older
      model might be becoming obselete? Also has anyone experience making
      this type of "air release" molds and frames?
      I'm pretty handy with cnc milling, model making and molds.
      I've looked at several other groups but can't find much info. I
      looked at:
      www.tiles.org/pages/deercrek/dctech.htm
      and
      www.ramprocess.com/Process/index.htm
      and
      I ordered the book: Pressing Ceramics with Air Release by Reid
      Harvey.
      I just have a few questions like where do you buy the mold duct
      tubing, how is it connected to the air nozzle, what pourous,
      pourable resin can be used instead of hydocal? Thanks for any
      assistance or leads.
      Greg Miller,
      gmiller@...