Re: New member

  • claydon44
    Message 1 of 34 , Jun 1, 2002
      Take a look at these links to give you more of an idea of what types
      of silicone are available. You probably won't get much of a response
      from this forum unless you ask more specific questions.

      http://www.silicast.com/

      http://www.polytek.com/index.php3

      http://www.gesilicones.com/silicones/americas/business/sitemap/defaul
      t.shtml

      http://www.smoothon.com/

      http://users.lanminds.com/~drewid/altsculpture_faqs.html

      The last link is a great all round resource, with some good articles
      on silicone and mold making in general.

      Regards,
      Lisa.

      --- n casting@y..., "boygodau" <moon_walker_69@h...> wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I am new to the world of mold making and was wondering if someone
      > could tell me what silicone or what ever i use to make molds???
    • polaris4525
      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 4, 2012
        I just found about this group and decided to join as I am just beginning my first casting project. I am a model railroader and plan to cast prats for scratch-building and detailing projects so it is my hope to learn more about this process through this group.

        Jim K.