Andrew's Gramps Sculpture

  • Miracle Castings Inc.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 1999
      Hi Andrew! I checked out your site, and I have to say, for a first time
      sculptor, you did a great job! As for your head mold, you may be able to
      minimize air bubbles with two different casting techniques. Number one,
      dust your mold with talcum powder before casting. Be sure to blow out any
      excess powder before casting. Number two, using a disposable glove, massage
      a bit of the mixed resin into both halves of the mold before closing it and
      pouring the main amount in. By pushing resin into the details, you force air
      out, and normally it can't find it's way back in. As for the body mold,
      you're on exactly the right track. When you go to cast resin in it, use the
      same "massaging" or "painting in" technique I mentioned with the head, and
      then fill the bottom half of the mold up completely before putting the top
      half on. That reduces the chances of air getting trapped in the lower part
      of the mold. Keep up the good work!

      Pat