AAAI "nectar"

  • rburke2233
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2006
      This is the International Year of AI (50 years since the Dartmouth
      conference), and AAAI is trying something a little different this time
      around. There is some concern about fragmentation in the field and
      they are soliciting papers from subfields (like ours) that have their
      own high-quality conferences. The idea is to have papers that
      summarize important recent results that have appeared in other venues
      (like ICCBR / ECCBR) but have not been presented at AAAI. This is the
      so-called "nectar" track, and I think it is an effort well worth
      supporting in spite of the fact that the name is almost
      incomprehensibly lame. :-P

      I am interested in volunteers who want to write such papers and also
      in discussion about what are the most important recent CBR results
      that it would be worth reporting about.

      The paper deadline is March 14. Here is the relevant URL:

      http://www.aaai.org/Conferences/AAAI/2006/aaai06nectar.php

      Send email to me if you think you might submit. Post to this list with
      your ideas for what the CBR community should consider showcasing at AAAI.

      Robin Burke
      DePaul University