job for video game researchers

  • Jim Davies
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2005
      Since I saw a lot of CBR for gaming research at the conference, I
      thought I'd pass on this job posting I found:

      University of California, Santa Cruz

      Computer Science Department

      Assistant Professor

      The UCSC Computer Science Department welcomes
      outstanding applicants for the following tenure-track
      faculty position within the Baskin School of Engineering:

      Assistant Professor
      Interests: Outstanding applicants in Computer Science,
      preference for Science, Design and Engineering of
      Computer Games
      Position # 582-06

      The department has strong graduate M.S. and Ph.D.
      programs, as well as established B.A. and B.S.
      undergraduate programs, and a new B.A. track focused on
      games titled Interactive Game Engineering. Excellent
      computing facilities and state-of-the-art laboratories
      in the new Engineering 2 building, support research and
      instruction.

      UCSC is close to Silicon Valley and has strong ties
      with many of the high technology companies in the area.
      Faculty salaries are competitive and opportunities for
      consulting are extensive.

      Visit www.soe.ucsc.edu/jobs/cs for detailed job
      description and application instructions.

      Application Materials Required: curriculum vitae,
      statement of research plans, statement of teaching
      interests, URLs of selected reprints, and ensure that
      at least three confidential letters of recommendation
      are sent directly to the search committee. Please refer
      to the position number in correspondence and materials.

      Full consideration for applications arriving by January
      9, 2006.

      UCSC is an EEO/AA/IRCA employer

      --
      JimDavies http://www.jimdavies.org/