387ICCBR 2013 Call for Workshop Proposals
- Nov 14, 2012The ICCBR-2013 Program Committee invites proposals for the Workshop Program, to be held on July 8, 2013 in Saratoga Springs, NY, USA. ICCBR-2013 workshops will provide an informal setting where participants will have the opportunity to discuss specific focus topics in an atmosphere that fosters the active exchange of ideas. Recent ICCBR workshops have included: WebCBR, health care, textual CBR, process-oriented CBR and CBR for computer games.
Members of all segments of the CBR community as well as industry researchers are encouraged to submit workshop proposals for review. The workshop program is intended to complement the formal technical program of the main conference and to support more in-depth interactions.
Workshops can vary in length from half a day to a full day. The format of workshops will be determined by their organizers. Organizers are highly encouraged to propose alternative formats beyond paper/poster presentations, and should encourage the submission and presentation of position papers that discuss new research ideas. Workshop papers will be published as a technical report.
Workshop Proposal Content
Proposals for workshops should be roughly two to three pages in length and include the following information:
- Proposed title of the workshop.
- A brief technical description of the workshop, specifying the workshop goals and the issues that will be its focus.
- A brief description of why the workshop would be of interest to ICCBR attendees.
- A preliminary workshop format and a proposed schedule for organizing the workshop, including desired length for the workshop. This should include a brief description of how the organizers intend to encourage an atmosphere appropriate for a workshop.
- If available, a list of possible participants or research groups. If this workshop was held in the past please provide the number of submissions and attendees.
- Information concerning whether this workshop is a continuation of a previous workshop
- The intended means of advertising the workshop.
- The names, postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of the proposed workshop organizing committee. This committee should consist of two to four people knowledgeable in the area.
- The primary contact for the organizing committee.
- A draft call for papers.
Workshop chairs must submit their proposals via email to the workshops chairs: Jonathan Rubin (jrubin01@...) and Michael Floyd (mfloyd@...), by January 11, 2013. Submissions should be in PDF format.
Each workshop organizing committee will be responsible for:
- Producing a Call for Participation for their workshop. This call will be posted on the ICCBR-13 website. It should clarify the process by which the organizing committee will review and select the papers and presentations. In addition, the submission procedure, format and dates should be included and be in accordance with the ICCBR-13 required submission procedure and dates.
- Reviewing and selecting presentations and papers.
- Providing the workshop selected papers in camera ready format to the workshop chairs no later than June 1, 2013. The ICCBR-13 Program Committee will provide a meeting place for the workshop and arrange for the production of the workshop proceedings. Workshop papers should be submitted in Springer LNCS format, which is the format required for the final camera ready copy, with a maximum of 10 pages. Authors' instructions along with LaTeX and Word macro files are available at Springer's Information for LNCS Authors page, http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-7-72376-0
ICCBR-13 reserves the right to cancel any workshop if deadlines are missed, if too few submissions are received, or if too few attendees register for the workshop to support the costs of holding it. In special cases, the ICCBR-13 Program Committee may suggest the consolidation of workshops to prevent the need for cancellation.
All workshop participants must register for the conference, and workshops must be open to all registered participants of ICCBR-13.
Important dates for Workshops:
January 11, 2013 - Proposal submission deadline
January 18, 2013 - Acceptance notification
January 19, 2013 ICCBR-2013 Workshop Program announced
April 5, 2013 Workshop paper submission deadline (tentative)
May 10, 2013 Workshop paper acceptance/rejection notification (tentative)
July 7 - 10, 2013 - ICCBR-2013 workshops
For additional information, please contact the workshops chairs Jonathan Rubin (jrubin01@...) and Michael Floyd (mfloyd@...) or visit the ICCBR 2013 conference website: http://iccbr.org/iccbr13/
- Next post in topic >>