Re: [cascadeqrp] Build Day

  • ARS W6ABM
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 27, 2009
      We had a good day. Plans are underway to do this more than once a year!

      Everett

      On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Dean Davis <dean@...> wrote:

      > Well folks,
      >
      > If you missed our build day this past Saturday you really missed a lot of
      > fun. There were 6 of us building mostly Hendricks QRP Kits DC40b
      > transceivers.
      >
      > Here are a few pictures of the event:
      >
      > http://www.alpinesoft.com/QRPBuild042509/
      >
      > Dean, N7XG

    • Dave Haupt
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 27, 2009
        Working the theme toward "rank beginners", any chance at doing a homebrew antenna? "Let's all build a dipole" may sound simple to those of us who've been around a while, but the prospect scares beginners.

        To REALLY make it relevant to what the newcomers struggle against, someone should bring a sample of a house wall, with sheetrock, insulation, an outlet, and siding, and teach folks how to drill safely through it!

        I had planned this past weekend out of town, so I bypassed this particular build...I ended up "in town" anyway, so I could have been there.

        Dave W8NF

        We had a good day.  Plans are underway to do this more than once a year!

        Everett

        On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Dean Davis <dean@...> wrote:

        > Well folks,
        >
        > If you missed our build day this past Saturday you really missed a lot of
        > fun. There were 6 of us building mostly Hendricks QRP Kits DC40b
        > transceivers.
        >
        > Here are a few pictures of the event:
        >
        > http://www.alpinesoft.com/QRPBuild042509/
        >
        > Dean, N7XG

      • Ed Reynolds
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 27, 2009
          I could go for that how, about a 1296 beam?

          Ed Reynolds de N7SNT

          On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Dean Davis <dean@alpinesoft. com> wrote:

          > Well folks,
          >
          > If you missed our build day this past Saturday you really missed a lot of
          > fun. There were 6 of us building mostly Hendricks QRP Kits DC40b
          > transceivers.
          >
          > Here are a few pictures of the event:
          >
          > http://www.alpineso ft.com/QRPBuild0 42509/
          >
          > Dean, N7XG

        • Gary Lippert
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 27, 2009
            Hi,

            Thanks for the pictures and I hope your DCxxB kits work better than mine!   I have completed the DC20B and the beacon mode will not key the transmitter.   On top of that the support person at Hendricks is on a long backpack trip and will not be back until the end of May to look into the problem.   There is a ham in the UK that has the same problem as mine so this looks like a design problem and the kit was not tested enough.  Maybe on 40 meters the circuit is not as critical.

            Gary, K7VBY

            --
            Gary and Flora Lippert
            Portland, OR, USA
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 28, 2009
              I'm unable to see the pictures, just comes up as blank spots. Anyone know the download to fix.
              73

              Ed Reynolds de N7SNT

              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 28, 2009
                Gary,

                The transmit problem you talked about is a bug with the DCxxB kits. We are waiting for Steve Weber to return from his trip so that he can help us find a solution

                ___________________________________

                D2

                Dean Davis (N7XG)
                Alpine Software
                www.alpineso
                ft.com

                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 16, 2014
                Here are build day photos, ham radio and motos, not much beats that. Code osc worked first try. Fun day. Tnx to Phil and all who showed up. Bob KM7W kn
              • evcurry
                Message 8 of 12 , Nov 16, 2014
                  What is the key in the second picture?

                  Everett W6ABM
                • Benton
                  Message 9 of 12 , Nov 17, 2014
                    On 2014-11-16 20:07, pambob pambob73@... [cascadeqrp] wrote:

                    > Here are build day photos, ham radio and motos, not much beats that.
                    > Code osc worked first try. Fun day. Tnx to Phil and all who showed up.
                    > Bob KM7W kn

                    Enjoyed the day, even if I didn't have a project to work on.

                    Thanks for making me feel welcome.

                    Benton 17nov14
                    --
                    KF7QLP